Bluecoats 2014

Congrats Bluecoats! An amazing show and season..you deserved the silver.

• Like 6

Watching the retreat live you could tell Steve and Dennis thought the Bluecoats were on fire tonight. I think the crowd reaction just shows the kids (err young adults) pulled the emotion out and brought the hammer tonight. A half point jump on finals night... now THAT is hot! Congrats guys, probably one of the coolest shows done and crowd favorite for future generations to remember. Just a shame BD was nearly perfect this year or things could have been different!

Thank you Bluecoats for this show. For showing us that great music and great design is all you need to get the crowd on your side. And if you can back it up with great talent, you can be competitive.

A much deserved silver.

• Like 2

For anyone who wants to watch this again (and again, and again, and again): http://youtu.be/2oeyFOKesbg?t=43m40s

SIX WORDS, Bluecoats. I couldn't possibly be more proud to be an alum tonight.

• Like 5

I've been saying for awhile that "Tilt" is maybe my fave show...ever. I'm thinking on that a bit now...Beasts like Skyliners '75 along with the corps I taught back there, Muchachos '75...Kingsmen '74...the year of the Bull '88 VK and the Shark '92 which may be the baby-thrower of all time...Star '93 which I needed some time but is incredible, no astonishing, and there are many more great ones for moi...but Machine from Cavi's has really held top spot with me, though, until tonight. Now 'Coats have moved 'em all down a notch. Wow, what a finish!!! Stoked...I'm stoked...

• Like 2

So amazing to see them these past three nights--they are a great corps and this was an amazing show from start to finish--when the crowd knew they got 2nd--the place went wild--was glad to be a part if it Congratulations Bluecoats!!

• Like 2

What a night for the Bluecoats...

Silver Medal (first in corps history)

Highest Score in corps history

Loudest crowd reaction of the night (tie - end of show and announcement of 2nd place)

Dave Glasgow named DCI Director of the Year for the 2nd time.

So proud of this organization!!!

• Like 5

In case you missed it: Willie Veenstra wore an autumn leaf on his coat tonight.

0V4ot7K.jpg

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2