A question about getting cut

The movie and real life story of Rudy is a good example of someone going for the " name " and not the experience. We sometimes assume that getting out on the field with the name unit is the big cheese, and thats the best thing for us. But in reality its oftentimes not the case at all. Going for " The Name " unit ensues nothing. For example, Rudy Ruettiger was recently indicted and charged with felony Securities fraud by the SEC in 2011. He paid $382,000 in court settlement costs for defrauding investors, and to allow himself not to don an orange jump suit in Federal Prison for a bit. We'll never see a Rudy Movie sequel. It might have been different had he gone to Bowdoin, then again, maybe not, who knows. But like you, I never quite understood the fascination among some people with this Rudy's quest to become a practice dummy and so desperately felt compelled to try and get into one play in one game with " The Name ". It never did work out for Rudy with his misplaced priorities, values. But its a free country, and people make choices on things for all sorts of reasons that may not make sense to others, and so it is what it is.

I got a little confused - old age - which corps should he audition for if he DOESN'T want to be indicted?

This stuff is so much more complicated than back in the day...

I got a little confused - old age - which corps should he audition for if he DOESN'T want to be indicted?

This stuff is so much more complicated than back in the day...

The Peace Corps.

Although even here there's no guanantee, Ray ( haha!)

Look, far be it for me to advise others as my journey in life has taken some unexpected and unintended wrong exits off the main highway that took awhile to get back on the main highway again. But I think a cut person should A) ask the cut corps what he needs to improve upon and B) march somewhere else of his choosing in the meantime. Other than that, I'm clear out of advice, Ray.

Edited by BRASSO

Go with a corps which treats and respects you as a person; not just another number or nameless dot on a page. In short, a person should consider auditioning the organization itself to see if they are the good fit, not the organization auditioning the person. "Character" of an organization trumps eveything.

On a side note my nephew is Rudy Gowern. He marched with Boston in the late 80's and then Star in his age out year. He is currently working with Carolina Crown. Anyways, if you read this "Paulie Willie" don't take offense. Love the name not the movie.

I would taKe the advice of that corps and march somewhere else. There are plentybof corps still looking for people, including the corps I am marching with. It is my first year in corps, so I started out in open class, and got accepted, but if I hadnt, I would have auditioned for somewhere else.