Most Downloaded Corps of 2013

A better question would be....why is every non-Blue Devil world champion since 2006 on the most downloaded video performances list but none of 4 Blue Devils world champions???

• Like 1

I thought BD had their own "Mediabox" site for audio and video--is it possible that most BD fans opt to get what they need there rather than from the Fan Network?

I thought BD had their own "Mediabox" site for audio and video--is it possible that most BD fans opt to get what they need there rather than from the Fan Network?

The Mediabox has Blue Devil exclusive content (like warm ups and other behind the scenes stuff) on it. But for actual video and audio performances that is produced by DCI itself, you can only get that content from DCI itself.

Actually, that is incorrect. All DCI performances are also available on Blue Devils' Mediabox. Members get discounted downloads (and free streaming). Donors to the Blue Devils get Mediabox free for a year. So, it seems most fans would get their content directly from the Blue Devils.

Personally, I download all the audio tracks from Indy as soon as they are available. I think many people do. I'm not surprised by Crown not am I surprised by SCV. I'm also not surprised that Troopers are the only non-finalist on the list. Their musical book was really enjoyable. If anything SCV's show may be the easiest to listen to without the visuals. Regarding Blue Devils not being listed, how far out of the top 10 were they? My guess is that BD along with Blue Stars and BAC, the other finalists not in the top 10, were not all that far behind.

Perhaps it could be argued that without the visuals, Blue Devils show doe snot make sense musically, but that would be a stretch.

Personally, I download all the audio tracks from Indy as soon as they are available. I think many people do. I'm not surprised by Crown not am I surprised by SCV. I'm also not surprised that Troopers are the only non-finalist on the list. Their musical book was really enjoyable. If anything SCV's show may be the easiest to listen to without the visuals. Regarding Blue Devils not being listed, how far out of the top 10 were they? My guess is that BD along with Blue Stars and BAC, the other finalists not in the top 10, were not all that far behind.

Perhaps it could be argued that without the visuals, Blue Devils show doe snot make sense musically, but that would be a stretch.

Personally, I think the post right above yours is the real reason...that the BD downloads are available on the BD site, so a lot of the volume is not apparent.

Its still nice to know that a show that was performed before any of the current DCI marchers were born, was ranked as high as 4th in the most viewed( '89 SCV )

• Like 2

Its still nice to know that a show that was performed before any of the current DCI marchers were born was ranked as high as 4th in the most viewed ('89 SCV ).

Yes! Even though I'm not sure that Vanguard's is even the most visually interesting show from 1989--and certainly not on video, given the videographers' annoying decision to spend so much time focused on the magic trick at the end. When I think of visual from 1989, I think as much of Regiment's triangles passing through each other and their wedge kicks, and Cavaliers' dragonish drum feature drill, and Blue Devils turning during "If I Were in Love" with the shadows from the lights above making each member the center of a little X, and Cadets slow motion and flag toss to the DM, and kilts and flags and streamers everywhere during Star's "Crown Imperial" (and the tympanist in "Song without Words" winking at the camera!), and Scouts reprising the turn from the end of their 1988 show, with their guard beating their fists on the field, and Bluecoats' sopranos all leaning on each others' shoulders during "Sing Sing Sing", and Suncoast Sound skipping across the field--although in their case the form just wasn't clean enough (but what a sound, especially at the end).

• Like 1