Best uniforms ever

Anahiem Kingsmen - that uniform was just classy!!!

• Like 2

I have to go with the classic Cadets uniform. Timeless.

• Like 1

I always loved the early 80s Freelancers uniform:

http://freelancers-alumni.org/index.php?view=detail&id=136&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=68

And SCV in 2013 was class personified. I have always though the SCV uni looked a little 'basic' most years, but the touches they added last summer were just right.

Edited by hughesmr
  • Like 1

My favorite uniform of all time is probably that of the Glassmen from 1997-2002.

Also, BD in the late 80s/early 90s and from 2008-2010.

Also, Magic of Orlando 2002 & 2003

Edited by Catan

US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps Plain simple CLASSIC ! known throughout the world!

I would have to say SCV 2013. Very spiffy.

Uhhh...HOW many corps wore cadet style jackets BITD?? Or silks?

I can tell BD, Blue Stars, and BK apart pretty easily...it's called using your eyes.

And they are all blue cadet style jacket over bib overalls with shakos. Blue Devils with the open jacket & ruffle shirts from the 70's - now that was a great and distinctive uniform.

And they are all blue cadet style jacket over bib overalls with shakos. Blue Devils with the open jacket & ruffle shirts from the 70's - now that was a great and distinctive uniform.

I was referring to way baclk in the day (pre DCI). For today, the BD/BS/BK jackets are totally different.

Here're comparative pics from last year. Top left BD, Top right BK, bottom, BS. The designs aren't even close to each other,

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/84bdsop/media/b_zpsc93e9ac5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Now Gen Butler Vagabonds and Cadets are pretty similar, especially from even a small distance. Both had maroon cadet tops, white/cream pants, yellow cummerbund. You had to look closely at a color picture to see some of the minor differances. In a B&W pic? No way...they looked identical, with the exception of the cross belt on the jacket (GBV didn;t have one in the pics I've seen)

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

I was referring to way baclk in the day (pre DCI). For today, the BD/BS/BK jackets are totally different.

Here're comparative pics from last year. Top left BD, Top right BK, bottom, BS. The designs aren't even close to each other,

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/84bdsop/media/b_zpsc93e9ac5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Now Gen Butler Vagabonds and Cadets are pretty similar, especially from even a small distance. Both had maroon cadet tops, white/cream pants, yellow cummerbund. You had to look closely at a color picture to see some of the minor differances. In a B&W pic? No way...they looked identical, with the exception of the cross belt on the jacket (GBV didn;t have one in the pics I've seen)

In the Garden State Circuit corps I marched with in 68/69, the Livingston NJ Imperial Guardsmen, we had white satin blouses, black pants with white stripe, and a red/black cross sash and red cummerbund (sp?).

Another GSC corps, St Martin's Troubadors from Newark, had EXACTLY the same uniform, except their cross sash had the red/black reversed.

At GSC champs in 69, we were VERY scared, as St Martin's got into a huge fight with St Andrew's Bridgemen, so bad that St Martin's moderator immediately disbanded the corps. We were afraid we might end up as collateral damage! :tounge2:

• Like 1