Best uniforms ever

The Hawthorne Caballeros uniform. The uniform is as iconic as the corps itself. Any true drum corps fan instantly identify the Caballeros on sight of the bell bottoms, white satin shirt, red sash, topped off with the classic black sombrero.

Maybe not....at first glance from a small distance, they might be looking at the Yokahama Inspires

8065358875_36138fa080_b.jpg

I would think the OP was talking about drum corps uniforms, although it wasn't specified. Still, this is a great one (better up close though). There are so many bands out there that a selection of the best band uniforms has to be better than drum corps uniforms just based on the numbers.

Here's an interesting one (though I can't tell where it's from, this is from a vendor's website):

in9055_largerimage.jpg

As far as drum and bugle corps are concerned, I go with BD 80s and Bridgemen as the most iconic drum corps uniforms.

One way of looking at this question is to ask which uniforms were so striking that they probably influenced the artistic direction of the corps (as opposed to the other way around). Troopers and 27th might fit in this category, while the Cadets seem to do everything possible to avoid sounding the way they look, so to speak. Both BD and Bridgmen would fit here also. I could easily see a big band from the 40s wearing jackets like BD's, and the corps members feeding off that vibe (and show designers and arrangers). As for the Bridgemen, I imagine that once they had that uniform there was no turning back.

Bluecoats - love the uni's through 2012 and last year's too! In fact, of all the new uniforms last year, Bloo's was the best new of the new.

Escher would have loved it. It looks impossible for the sash to come around without going through a slot in the back.

Going back to the 70's, how about these corps and their distinctive uni's:

Bridgemen

Anaheim Kingsman

SCV

Madison

Kilties

27th Lancers

Blue Stars

Troopers

Phantom

Fast forward to contempory corps:

World Class:

SCV 2013

Bluecoats

Phantom (sans the crest)

Cavies (sans the large mirror)

Jersey Surf

Cadets (classic look)

Open Class:

Spartans

Cascades

Best guard uniforms recently:

Cavies 2010-2011

Blue Devils 2010

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Looks like the Bengals formed a marching band, don't it?

Yes... these duds will fit those duds ( sorry, couldn't resist.. haha ! )

Edited by BRASSO