Blue Devil auditions tips and tour life?

Hello! I'm new here on this forum and I was just wondering... how are the auditions like for The Blue Devils and how is tour life in the corps? any advice or tips would be great!! Thank you :colgate:

Hello! I'm new here on this forum and I was just wondering... how are the auditions like for The Blue Devils and how is tour life in the corps? any advice or tips would be great!! Thank you :colgate:

Is this for a future year...or just wondering? Because it appears that auditions for this year are over for all sections other than battery, according to their website. And for the battery, the in-person auditions are over...but they will accept a video until January 17.

Check this link:

http://bluedevils.org/join/

As to the tour experience, from what I understand it is a GREAT experience; garfield is absolutely correct.

For the 2015 auditions lol im sorry for not providing info, I'm 18 and I'm a euphonium player . I marched with the 2013 Genesis hornline . Also I saw this shirt that said "mars: where devils are created" what does that mean? :)

For the 2015 auditions lol im sorry for not providing info, I'm 18 and I'm a euphonium player . I marched with the 2013 Genesis hornline . Also I saw this shirt that said "mars: where devils are created" what does that mean? :)

Mars is their rehearsal facility in CA...not the planet! :tounge2:

Lol I know that!!!!:P also what's their training like?

Mars is their rehearsal facility in CA...not the planet! :tounge2:

Yeah, the planet is less desolated than this Mars.

Rumor has it you'll find some odd things buried around the rehearsal facility too...

Not sure where I heard that...

Mars is both hot and cold and very windy. Just because it's 100+ in the day time doesn't mean you shouldn't bring a jacket because it gets real cold real fast at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8IkhRII7SY See those power lines? They are all leaning because of the wind for years and years. This is off to the side of Mars by where the B corps practices when A corps is around. This was shot on Memorial day last year.

Tour life? I don't know now days-- but I do know you will work hard but also work smart. The time you have while touring with BD is the Most fun you will ever have. BD doesn't work you to death they work you just enough. The hardest part is making the line. If you are good enough to make it you will be treated very professionally.