Box Center Episode 2014-01

boxcenter_100x100.jpgIt's a new year, Kevin's got a new job, and that means YOU have a new podcast to listen to as the inaugural episode of the Drum Corps Planet Box Center podcast is now available for download! Join DCP Managing News Editor Kevin Gamin as he dives into the latest news and announcements from around the drum corps activity. This week's episode features news from the United Kingdom, Minnesota, California, New York, and more!

Read the show notes here.

Listen to the episode here.

I've posted show notes for this episode on my website: http://www.gaminnet.info/?p=2271

I've posted show notes for this episode on my website: http://www.gaminnet.info/?p=2271

Thanks as always for the podcasts. They're great to listen to! Do you have plans for having some hot-stove discussion from corps directors, arrangers, or other corps spokespeople in future podcasts?

Thanks as always for the podcasts. They're great to listen to! Do you have plans for having some hot-stove discussion from corps directors, arrangers, or other corps spokespeople in future podcasts?

I'm going to get a couple more episodes under my belt to re-establish a regular schedule but, yes, I would LOVE to get more interviews on the show. Any suggestions?

I'm going to get a couple more episodes under my belt to re-establish a regular schedule but, yes, I would LOVE to get more interviews on the show. Any suggestions?

As an example, I listened to a podcast featuring Doug Thrower sometime back. I found it facinating to hear from Doug on his views of the music he's arranged for the Bluecoats and some behind-the-scenes discussion that we often don't get to hear. Hearing the background behind the concepts is pretty interesting.

Also, hearing from some of the top directors on how they meet the many challenges of running a successful drum corps would be great too. Topics such as instrumentation, show design, judging (DCI Judge as guest), Drum Corps History (i.e., Steve Vickers), and camp reports are a few more examples.

Thanks for asking. I'll look forward to hearing more of your great work!

I remember the Doug Thrower podcast. That was on the Marching Roundtable. Heck, I'd love to get THEM on because they're all fascinating people with great marching arts backgrounds.