Season 21 Discussion Thread

Galen

Just two shows today, held at some older venues that are worth at least one more look.

The event in Appleton WI will take place at the Banta Bowl, an intimate stadium that is scheduled to be rebuilt in the next couple of years. Buckeye Brass will look to re-establish their dominance after being challenged at a couple of their most recent shows..

AppletonWIBantaBowl4000_zps097bb618.jpg

The Gadsden AL event will be held at the curiously-curved stands at Anniston HS. Midnight Vanguard has been making quite a bit of noise recently- can they continue to keep their grasp on a top spot?

AnnistonALAnnistonHS5000_zps7534ba93.jpg

Today's events:

In Europe, Feenicks makes their season debut after a late start to the season. They're not starting lightly either, as they take on one of the hottest corps of the season, Fleur de Lis, at Parkstad Limburg Stadium in Kerkrade Netherlands.

KerkradeNetherlandsParksburgStadium20000

Back in the States, it's Kihei O'Hana that's been grabbing a lot of attention with some recent victories.Stud Bolts will be out to steal back some of the spotlight at Liberty HS in Bealeton VA.

BealetonVALibertyHS2000_zps084455f4.jpg

This may be a stupid question for some but I haven't been around in quite a few seasons. Was there a point increase? And if so, do I not get one as penalty for starting late? I don't know if there are even late start penalties anymore...

There was a point increase that went into effect on Sunday, so you should be able to use it. I'm not using late start penalties at this point in the season.

I can't go past 145 points. I just tried.

Should be working now, give it another try.

Today's events take place at the ever-popular Camp Randall Stadium in Madison WI, Raymond Field in Newark DE and Tupelo HS in Tupelo MS (originally scheduled for Oxford MS but moved due to low turnout). Also, I've now verified that the D1 corps will be able to use their limit of 146.

MadisonWICampRandallStadium2_zpsa3a9dcdb

NewarkDERaymondField20000_zps9e8b8bf5.jp

TupeloMSTupeloHS5000_zpsd70c1899.jpg

Scores from tonight's events are up as the regional tour begins to build towards the regional championships!

In Abilene TX, it was a small turnout at the large Wylie Pirate Stadium, but the three corps in attendance still managed to put on an entertaining show.

AbileneTXWylieHS8000_zpsbd263f94.jpg

In Levittown PA on the east side of Philadelphia, it was Star of Jupiter just holding off a determined Roselle Park Conquistadors at Truman HS. RPC has made up a LOT of ground after a late start to the season and are definitely worth keeping an eye on.

LevittownPATrumanHS3000_zpsd57c778a.jpg

In Memphis TN, which saw the largest turnout by far, the Stud Bolts held off an upset-minded Midnight Vanguard at the Liberty Bowl, with Majestic and Black Bayou Regiment not far behind, while The Screws and The Bolts provided another Fastener Org. sweep.

MemphisTNLibertyBowl60000_zpsa65a25e7.jp

Finally, in Rochester MN, the local community college stadium saw Circle City Sound cruise to victory over Polaris Regiment while The Marauders and Chicago Sound led the way in their respective divisions.

RochesterMNRochesterCollegeStadium2000_z

Also, the second point increase, originally scheduled for Sunday, has now been entered. Because I was a day late in putting it in, directors will be able to change captions twice this week to compensate.

Today's events

Egg Harbor Township HS near Atlantic City NJ will be the sight of an intense tangle between Kinei O'Hana, Roselle Park Conquistadors and The Knights.

AtlanticCityNJEggHarborTownshipHS3000_zp

At Cooper HS in Lubbock TX, Fleur de Lis/Scarlet Armada will be the most interesting matchup to keep an eye on.

LubbockTXCooperHS4000_zps2fe6f0a3.jpg

Finley Stadium in Chattanooga TN gets the lion's share of corps.

ChattanoogaTNFinleyStadium20000_zps6f3c7

In St. Cloud MN, Circle City Sound and Polaris Regiment are set for a rematch from Rochester at Huskie Stadium

StCloudMNHuskyStadium4000_zpsf10cbc94.jp