Cadets2 show announcement...

MikeD

Is the show title pronounced "Our Favorite Things Two" or "Our Favorite Things Squared"? Presumably the former, since that would be in the manner that "Cadets 2" is pronounced, but that superscript unnerves me.

• Like 1

Why don't C2 develop their own fresh show concepts? All this recycling and "bits of the hits" from Cadets 1...they will always be compared with the original (and may come up lacking).

Be original, bring something new to the field! Develop a separate identity but with the same wonderful Cadet traditions. The uniform, staff and corps traditions are the "bridge", not the necessarily the show concept.

Don't get me wrong, I wish them well but it seems a bit lazy after three years to still be doing former Cadet shows/music - unless the intention is to be an Alumni Corps playing all the favorites from the past. If so, never mind :)

• Like 2

i'll disagree. While sure in year one, they did play SOME of To tame the perilous skies, most of the show was original. and in Les Miz, they put many wonderful new touches on the show so it wasn't just a repeat of 89. In fact, they found a way to get a zpull into it!

I think it's a great idea...after all we hear "they play stuff we dont know" all the time...well, many drum corps fans DO know these tunes, and here C2 is putting their own twist on it.

• Like 1

Since C2 is just entering their 3rd season of competition, I think it is a great idea to take CADETS past show successes as a foundation for a show. As C2 matures and starts experiencing competitive success, they will have some of their own stuff to draw on. They also put their own twist on things so its hardly a "rehashed" show.

Why don't C2 develop their own fresh show concepts? All this recycling and "bits of the hits" from Cadets 1...they will always be compared with the original (and may come up lacking).

Be original, bring something new to the field! Develop a separate identity but with the same wonderful Cadet traditions. The uniform, staff and corps traditions are the "bridge", not the necessarily the show concept.

Don't get me wrong, I wish them well but it seems a bit lazy after three years to still be doing former Cadet shows/music - unless the intention is to be an Alumni Corps playing all the favorites from the past. If so, never mind :)

Respectfully disagree. Few corps on the planet can reference a heritage like theirs. They'd be crazy to pass on it. IMO this is an excellent approach.

• Like 2

How in the world can you do "MY Favorite Things" and not in include Malaguena is a mystery to me!

Respectfully disagree. Few corps on the planet can reference a heritage like theirs. They'd be crazy to pass on it. IMO this is an excellent approach.

I agree. Plus it bridges the Gap between DCI and DCA. I am sure Hopkins is wanting to somehow draw in more fans to DCA from the DCI sector.

Call him crazy but I think he has something here.