Cadets2 show announcement...

MikeD

"Out The Door":

"Fave Things" is bad BUT WAY BACK in 1964 "Hello Dolly" was far worse. At the 1964 Barnum 4 of the 5 competing corps used it.

The only one of the five that DIDN'T use it, NY Skyliners, went on to win the show.

Elphaba

Still there is no denying if you watch the 2003 Cadets show which portion of the show engaged the audience and got them off their feet. It was clearly Malaguena

You obviously weren't in Annapolis for DCA Championships last summer. If you had been, you wouldn't have made such a blatantly absurd statement.

Any DCA show I have been to, I have felt out of place to give an ovation or loud applause. Golf claps seem to be the thing.

Now, I have not been to a show for awhile so it could be different now but thats my observation.

Any DCA show I have been to, I have felt out of place to give an ovation or loud applause. Golf claps seem to be the thing.

Now, I have not been to a show for awhile so it could be different now but thats my observation.

for reference, please define "a while"

I've only been to two DCA shows--the 2012 and 2013 finals in Annapolis--and golf claps were certainly not the order of the evening.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

You sound like you have never seen the Empire Statesmen, Caballeros or Skyliners... among others... in the past 30 years.

Unless you mean a "golf clap" like this, just past the one-minute mark of this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vQ10CMvqs

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

I think I know where he is coming from and have observed some of the same.

Early season shows and Mid season shows corps are just figuring things out. People are still figuring out notes and at times the drill is so bad people are crashing into each other so there is not a lot of points in the show to get up and get excited about. Even corps like Empire, Cabs and Bucs have a hard time getting peeps off their duffs for anything more than the golf clap or maybe some woo hoos during impact points of the show.

Championships are another matter. By this point of the season everyone is on their A game and the shows are refined and the forms are way past readable for most corps. At championships you have a lot of alumni and loyal supporters cheering on "thier" corps as opposed to just some random popcorn eaters that you may get at a home show. So the dynamics between a home show and championships are totally different.

With that said I have seen plenty of corps get the "golf clap" at championships. Even some of the top 5. It does happen.

Edited by camel lips

Because they're not Madison.

and many people are tired of it LOL

But thats DCI. Doesnt really matter what you do in DCA, crowd reaction is going to be minimal either way.

odd. i saw tons of great crowd reaction finals night last year.