Cadets2 show announcement...

MikeD

Cadets2 certainly have a formula that is working within the DCA model. I would say for DCA to survive and expand its going to take some more Cadets2 type of corps to come on board. Otherwise we are going to continue to see shows Lewisburg and many others dropping off the map till there is no DCA left.

Leiwsburg IMO, is more a victim of date chosen than anything. 4th of July weekend.....corps do parades that pay, and there's none near lewisburg that do. Plus...a show in PA and no Bucs?

pick another date.

I think I know where he is coming from and have observed some of the same.

Early season shows and Mid season shows corps are just figuring things out. People are still figuring out notes and at times the drill is so bad people are crashing into each other so there is not a lot of points in the show to get up and get excited about. Even corps like Empire, Cabs and Bucs have a hard time getting peeps off their duffs for anything more than the golf clap or maybe some woo hoos during impact points of the show.

I don't entirely disagree with you... but I've seen plenty of early-season shows in which the Empire Statesmen, in particular, have had the fans on their feet yelling for more. It seems their shows were designed for the fans in mind, for the entire season... not just Labor Day weekend.

4th of July and Reading.... Tour de Baltimore aka Bus Bill day.....

4th of July and Reading.... Tour de Baltimore aka Bus Bill day.....

and many other corps. Plus I think C2 was tied up with YEA gigs, so yeah, two of the biggest draws not there.

As to the "golf clap" statement, all I can say was we ended up 6th and I for one was thrilled with the reaction we got from the crowd all season. I thought they were very receptive...at least to us. Can't speak for anyone else.

Dan

I think I know where he is coming from and have observed some of the same.

.... Even corps like Empire, Cabs and Bucs have a hard time getting peeps off their duffs for anything more than the golf clap or maybe some woo hoos during impact points of the show.

I have never seen Bucs or Empire get golf claps in the early part of the season, certainly not at Wildwood for the last 10 years. And since WW is about as early season as you can get.....Would you care to share what years you observed this?

I have never seen Bucs or Empire get golf claps in the early part of the season, certainly not at Wildwood for the last 10 years. And since WW is about as early season as you can get.....Would you care to share what years you observed t

I was never at Wildwood

Really?,...............which top 5 corps, and what year(s)?

Look at that. Post 29.

As to the "golf clap" statement, all I can say was we ended up 6th and I for one was thrilled with the reaction we got from the crowd all season. I thought they were very receptive...at least to us. Can't speak for anyone else.

Dan

*sigh* try being the very first corps on (as SoCal Dream typically was) in California in June. Even when you pull off a good run, there weren't enough people in the stands in the early years for it to be anything BUT a golf clap...a crap ton of people were out in the lot watching the WC corps warm up, or only showed for the last couple of headliners.

There was one show where we, literally, outnumbered the crowd.