Most iconic songs played by a drum corps

Skyliners: Tenement Symphony

Sunrisers: Procession of the Nobles

Bridgemen: What I Did For Love/One (Chorus Line)

• 2 weeks later...

Side bar...

Cadets, Scouts, and Cabs are the three oldest, *continually operating corps. Does anyone know who #4 would be???

*I should have better qualified the question. My apologies. I am, however learning a great deal about corps history!

Edited by Penn State

Side bar...

Cadets, Scouts, and Cabs are the three oldest corps. Does anyone know who #4 would be???

Just a quick search came up with this. Hurricanes (Fife & DC)-1932 Cadets-1934 Madison-1938 Boston Crusaders-1940 Hawthorne-1946 Cavaliers-1948

Off the top of my head

Minnesota Brass goes back to 1946 or so under a different names (Laidlaw/Grain Belt/???) and Governaires about 1927.

Thought White Sabres had a connection back to 1920s but not in operation all the time.

And however you want to place the Kilties....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Side bar...

Cadets, Scouts, and Cabs are the three oldest, *continually operating corps. Does anyone know who #4 would be???

*I should have better qualified the question. My apologies. I am, however learning a great deal about corps history!

The Govenaires in 1927?

It's 1934, past President of the corps and Kiltie alumnus, plus resident historian, Mr. George Fennell, researched the whole history and actually has it all concisely detailed in a 700 plus page book. Mr Raymond Vance was the founder of the Kilties, the first offical rehearsals were held a the local YMCA in the Fall of 1934. Both of George's excellent books are available at the Kilties website at http://www.kilties.com