star/crown similarities?

Come on guys! This is obviously about Patrick Star!

Patrick-star.jpg

I don't see much resemblance between Crown and Star Jones.

In all reality, there are several similarities between Star Of Indiana, and Carolina Crown. I know there are several people on staff with Crown that marched with Star, and whenever you bring people from one corps to work with another, you are going to see similarities since people seem to teach the way they were taught to some degree. Both corps were/are incredible corps. And both use the technique of doing many different varieties of shows over the years. And both corps have done shows that have been split in people loving/disliking them. Star with their patriotic show and then again in 93, Crown with their Chess show.

But the interesting thing is that there are many other corps that have taken similarities to other corps. In the mid to late 2000s, it almost seemed like Phantom Regiment was copying the style of SCV. There were so many moments in their shows that just screamed of Vanguard. Crown is also similar in some ways to Cadets as well. It seems as there are fewer corps, and staff members bounce from corps to corps, some even working with several different corps in the same season, that a lot of corps will sound/look similar over the years. But I do think with many staff on Crown having marched Star, that there definitely will be a higher number of comparisons made.

But the interesting thing is that there are many other corps that have taken similarities to other corps. In the mid to late 2000s, it almost seemed like Phantom Regiment was copying the style of SCV.

What?

Edited by LincolnV