Judge1 0.2

Judge2 0.1

Semis

Judge1 0.1

Judge2 0.7

That was my only comment.

OMG that's an awesome comment!! LOL

So you like to insult over weight people?? :angry:

TL;DR - Get a thicker skin. Your corps chooses to be innovative and do things their own way, people are going to criticize. I am sure that the kids are being well taken care of, learning to perform at the highest level, maxing out their show, and having a blast (like any kid who marches Cadets).

This. Our group was criticized from 1982 until now for being innovative, and very often, what was criticized ending up being standard practice in drum corps. I love what they're doing!

• Like 1

Can't disagree with some of this. GH at this stage of the game, should let his amazing design team design. He comes up with some tired ideas and they turn it into some amazingly competitive products. I would hope next year, he pulls back and oversees more and creates less. That's the only way Cadets will compete with BD. GH is more amazing behind the scenes, a truly brilliant guy that has grown YEA into a monster BUT, he needs to delegate now.

I could not disagree more. GH has forgotten more about program design than most people will ever know. Not every Broadwaybshow will be a hit, but you only get that next great show by trying. The worst is when they just try to recreate Phantom of the Opera over and over.

Sitting in the stadium, I literally had to bow my head because I was laughing out loud at the end of the Cadets show and didn't want anyone to see me. That was one of the worst things I've seen in drum corps. The Cadets are usually such a class act and to force that mess on the fans was scraping the bottom of the barrel for a fan reaction.

Pathetic!

Mr. Hopkins, if you're reading this...it's not too late! Get rid of it all.

Here's how I know it really is art. Because I feel so strongly that you are 100% wrong on this. That's not a dig. That's beauty being in this beholder's eye.

• Like 1

That's the other thing that bothers me, because I'm sure you're not the only one with that reaction.

To have these kids work their tails off on this show (and succeed!!) only to have this schlock explode all over the field in the closing moments does the members a disservice, IMO. It takes away an audience reaction that should be appreciative and exuberant, and replaces it with head-shaking laughter.

Except that I was in tears at how beautiful it was and how amazing the members are. The drill is awe inspiring. The body work is incredible. The guard work, percussion writing horn writing. It's just brilliantly conceived. But maybe I was confused by the standing ovation and cheering all around me.

I stayed with literally a house full of Cadets from the "golden years" '85-'90 period for the Allentown shows. They all continue to be huge supporters of the corps, and while opinions varied about the show in general, the one thing that everyone was completely unanimous on was that we all HATED the tarps. I mean HATED. People gasped and shook their heads when they brought them out. And now even more have been added! Just STOP.

While the show is not really my cup of tea, and I've not warmed to it over the course of the season, it is unquestionably, for what it is, well designed and superbly instructed and performed. A very dignified 10+ minutes...but then at the end it turns into a "Cake Wrecks" holy disaster.

The entire season has been spent with a giant, underutilized, stage in the front pulling focus from the performers. Please let them have their moment at the end of the show and don't yank even more attention away from them by covering the field in enormous, poorly-rendered stock photography! End with the class and dignity that has been Cadets' trademark for decades.

OK. Here's a Cadet from 87 and 88. I love the show tarps and all.

Except that I was in tears at how beautiful it was and how amazing the members are. The drill is awe inspiring. The body work is incredible.

Wait. Do they have a remodeled classic car on the field at the end?

• Like 2

I know for a fact that money is a contributing factor. Often donors pay for those kind of things . . . and they are expensive! When that kind of money is used there is a level of commitment. To use them for a show or two and ditch them is problematic which is why I said it would require George to have some big stones to get rid of them and which is why I doubted he would do it.

Seriously? One can think what one wants about GH, but not having courage of conviction just isn't part of his makeup.