The Cadets - 2014

I'd be happier with no tarps but a complete sentence..

" Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is FEAR ITSELF."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFTtz3uucY

Congrats Cadets on a great season!!

The level of "Cadets hate" can get a little crazy on this site - hard to deal with frankly

At least BD's show (like Cadets in 2011) was more universally enjoyed so we had less BD hate which is also very prevalent here on DCP

Signing off!

• Like 1

Congrats Cadets. A medalist in this competitive season is something to be proud of.

• Like 2

Congrats on the medal in this very competitive season Cadets! I hope you guys can bring back energy to the field next season that was lacking this year. I want to hear another 2011 or 2013!!!

Congrats on an extremely competitive year. I can only hope the design rises to the level of talent in the future.

• Like 1

Not sad at all (ok, just a little) that they dropped to 3rd, but still a great display of talent and stamina from this corps. Broke the even-year curse (well, some of you would say it didn't based on the show content...). Here's to a great show and corps in 2015!

I'd be happier with no tarps but a complete sentence..

" Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is FEAR ITSELF."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFTtz3uucY

It would also be nice if they used the quotes in the proper context. They mixed it in with quotes about WWII, but this one was about the Great Depression.

It would be even nicer if they would just SHUT UP and let us hear the musicians play without the yap-yap-yap.

I keep thinking about Cadets 2005. Narration that was hated, a prop that people made fun of, energy level that was said to be lacking, tepid audience response, outstanding performance levels, and a record-tying score. Now, 9 years later, that show is remembered in a much better light by many people. It's even a favorite, as many polls have showed us!

My point is, the passage of time tends to change things. As time goes by, people tend to develop a better appreciation. Especially in something that is a form of art.

Cadets had an amazing season, and I'm willing to bet people will still be talking about it 9 years from now and beyond. That's success!!

• Like 1

It would also be nice if they used the quotes in the proper context. They mixed it in with quotes about WWII, but this one was about the Great Depression.

It would be even nicer if they would just SHUT UP and let us hear the musicians play without the yap-yap-yap.

lol..you are a little late with the trash talk..Season is over. Save it for next season. :devil::angel1: