The Cadets - 2014

--

Edited by theCHEZman

I'm seeing a fair amount of info on their FB page--camp photos, looking for interns, a few videos, etc.

well there might be more on here if we were allowed to talk about the show... which features snippets of Presidential inauguration speeches... but without discussing the subject matter / theme / and the director's very open political views of a show obviously designed around a political view point... it sort of impossible... So you got crickets. It's been quiet out of Cadets land the last couple weeks - so hopefully they are changing to program.

well there might be more on here if we were allowed to talk about the show... which features snippets of Presidential inauguration speeches... but without discussing the subject matter / theme / and the director's very open political views of a show obviously designed around a political view point... it sort of impossible... So you got crickets. It's been quiet out of Cadets land the last couple weeks - so hopefully they are changing to program.

You are coming out of left field with your conjectures I'm just letting you know, incase you don't you. Or maybe I should say right field........

• Like 3

If it is about presidents, then it is inherently political, is that what you mean? A clever idea, but invalid for two reasons:

A. By political I'm pretty sure DCP means controversial political issues. Many famous historical presidential quotes and views are not controversial (at least not today). Still, the Cadets may visit some controversial issues, in which case,

B. Even currently controversial issues can be discussed as long as they relate to drum corps and the discussion doesn't go beyond the relationship to drum corps. Rifles come to mind. I may be wrong, of course, I don't work here.

I would like to say something about this. I know a lot of people don't care for Cadets style of show sometimes, and some people don't care for Hopkins because of his drum corps politics.

One thing I do have to say is I do applaud their effort for getting information and videos/sound clips to the audience. I may be mistaken, but I think Cadets have more media available for free to the public preseason, than any other corps. So regardless of your opinion of their show, they are putting it out there before most of the other corps. I really wish other corps would do this as well. And sometimes what is really nice is some of their media may eliminate some of the narration or vocals.

So thank you to the Cadets for all of your free media. As a huge fan of the activity, I love the fact you are willing to put stuff online so quickly, before it is polished, for the fans to enjoy. Keep up the great work!!

• Like 3