The Cadets - 2014

Where are these tarps located at? I assume that the guard is the one pulling them out. Do the MM perform on top of the tarps?

1 left field, 2 rear, 1 right field - all with their outside edges on the field boundary - back or end zone

The guard pulls them out - corps is restaged around them as is the guard

New narrator uniform...

(removed since george posted both right after)

Edited by frachel

As long as they don't muck it up, which can easily happen with patriotic shows, then I think I'll love the new ending. Not sure about the tarps with pictures on them. Need to see it live.

honestly, I had no problem with the old ending and feel the entire show was stately and well crafted. That show has been good enough to get them to 2nd this late in the season. But we all know how competition drives things. A corps must change throughout the summer in order to stave off the competition and the keep the show fresh and improving; but some shows are easier to add changes. Patriotic shows can easily become cheesy, bloated, and even comical if not treated carefully. The 1995 Cadets show remains my all-time favorite patriotic show. Hoping this one continues its excellence and stately, reverent nature and does well.

Having 2 of my favorites in the mix for the title (or at least top 2) it will be tough for me, but I have to root for my hometown corps (Bluecoats) for one of those top 2 spots. But I always wish Cadets well. They were my first favorite corps back in 1982 when BLOOO was still a D2 corps, although doing quite well in those days. It's been amazing to watch Bluecoats grow and change over the years.

Although I was "ok" with the old ending, the overall show is extremely controlled and the new ending is much more passionate and energetic. I think it should appeal to the judges who love the show but want more connection to the audience. This brings the corps literally up to the side lines (and stage) and screams energy. It works..

frankly this sounds like it is getting worse.

if you don't like patriotic then it is getting worse

if you like "in your face" - "emotional" and "big finish" then it is not getting worse

I much prefer it. But then I am very much a traditionalist

I'm thinking the same thing haha but I'll reserve judgement for when I see it.

if you don't like people plucking at your patriotic heart strings, i suppse you'd say it's worse.

here's the thing: like it or not everything just seems to work in the Cadets show. the modified ending is no exception. it's effective.

i'm right in line with all those who list the things we shouldn't like about this show. but you know what, i like it despite that long list :-) as i said in an earlier post, it's the Cadets being the Cadets. how can you not like that?

• Like 3