The Cadets - 2014

To quote a sitting President is too dangerous and divisive. I just don't think it's nearly as neutral as the designers think it is.

Especially with how, even the supporters who voted twice for him, are getting a major wake up from this President.

Especially with how, even the supporters who voted twice for him, are getting a major wake up from this President.

Please please please, for all that is decent, don't bring politics into this discussion

• Like 2

Politics are incredibly annoying. INCREDIBLY.

Patriotic shows are even worse. I do like the majority of this show, but I hate the new ending just as much as I hated the old one.

I'd rather see Drill drill DRILL.

I'm sure that new ending will get people out their seats...just not something I was hoping for.

So...are you saying that you'd prefer something like what is at 1:50 of this?

'Cause I would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKi2C-qEf4

EDIT: Except with drill that is up to 2014 standards. But the tempo, my friend!

Edited by mfrontz

Politics are incredibly annoying. INCREDIBLY.

Patriotic shows are even worse. I do like the majority of this show, but I hate the new ending just as much as I hated the old one.

I'd rather see Drill drill DRILL.

I'm sure that new ending will get people out their seats...just not something I was hoping for.

Except this show is in NO WAY political

It's purposefully not political

It's about leadership, vision, promise & America. Not politics.

If this is the major part of the new ending that was supposed to add lots of GE and 'bring the show home', good luck Cadets. I'm sure it will be squeaky clean in no time, but that probably won't matter much, IMO.

I am not a fan of the new ending, for the following reasons:

1. The narrator is trying to cram too much into the time before the big hit. That needs to be rewritten.

2. Too preachy. I understand the intent, 'Believe in the PROMISE of America,' etc. but it is so manipulative.

3. It's very tricky to try and balance Obama and Reagan at the end to achieve political neutrality. I am inclined to think that the huge 'Yes We Can' is going to be chanted by half the crowd and hated by the other half. (Well, maybe 52 percent/48 percent.) To quote a sitting President is too dangerous and divisive. I just don't think it's nearly as neutral as the designers think it is.

I guess my opinion would not be admissable on the GE sheets.

There is NO doubt the controversy surrounding 2014 will be heightened over the new ending choices. But, the BUZZ over the Cadets will increase with these changes. The crowd reaction will be much more intense. With a little luck, so loud, no one will be able to concentrate on the specifics. If everyone either stands to cheer, or to boo, they'll be standing, nonetheless, and adding a jolt of electricity to it all. This much WAS needed. Right?

Edited by Fred Windish

The quote "yes we can" is extremely innocuous - and I can't stand this President

Goes along with the rest of the mindset of the show that "as Americans, working together, we can do anything" - it is really about the power of a free & democratic people

• Like 1

Except this show is in NO WAY political

It's purposefully not political

It's about leadership, vision, promise & America. Not politics.

But leadership, vision etc. are essentially political virtues. It is not truly possible to do full honor to the various presidents without taking into account their politics, decisions, debates and so on. This is why patriotic shows tend to rankle people, as such a show tries to present a bright shiny view of our history while ignoring the difficult realities of really running a country.

Edited by quietcity

That's it? Almost like the old one better. I hate playing voice overs over the actual corps playing, especially over the musical climax of the show. No thanks. Too much shoved on top of a beautiful musical climax in my eyes. There's a stage with a narrator, guard members, voice over, tarps, flags, boards surrounding the whole field and a huge impact moment. Kind of a cheesey explosion overload if you ask me. The again I never liked the show in the first place.

oh god no. It is so much better now Mike. It's fine if it isn't your cup of tea but the design is much more effective now.

• Like 1