The Cadets - 2014

And another thought...I am kind of liking the trend in DCI to go back to the big production style shows like this one with tarps and big flags, etc... very much like DCI from the late 1980s in some ways.

I fell in love with Drum Corps after watching SCV's Phantom of the Opera show in 1989. Call them cheesy, corny, pandering, what have you, but these type of shows are engrossing and emotional.

• Like 1

oh god no. It is so much better now Mike. It's fine if it isn't your cup of tea but the design is much more effective now.

Oh God yes. That's, of course in your opinion. And I have mine. And everyone has theirs. Obvious we won't agree. If they get within .5 of the Blue Devils at any time over the next two weeks or so, run away from who is behind them, AND have one of the bigger reactions championship week then I'll eat my words and call it "Effective". "Effective" is........such a subjective word wildly open to interpretation. "Effective" in realtion to the GE caption and ACTUALLY being effective where it matters with the audience are two different things. Very rarely do they meet up in recent years, occasionally. One of which gets you a ring, and one of which gets you remembered in 30 years. I'll take the latter. Every. D a m n. Day. Of. The. Week. That ending is gag worthy to me, won't catch myself going out of my way to watch. Troopers all the way this year.

And Mike? lol that is most definitely not my name. Have a nice day.

Edited by DrumManTx

I can just imagine DCP if there wasn't a politcal policy. As soon as I heard Cadets pre/post changes I thought "I know specific members who would have a field day with this." Some are sneaking in the comments.

That being said, the video was taken from a very low-level vantage point. Tarps look like saran wrap on the field, hornline looks like it's getting together, doing wavy things and doing the Carolina Crown blastoff. The sound is typical of a cell phone video - bad.

It's hard to make an opinion based on this video so I'll wait.

One thing that was clear, the cheese factor has gone from Kraft singles to shredded Romano. Need to be careful with that.

• Like 2

well my opinion carries a little more wait having seen it live last night with an audience that gave it about a 1 minute long standing O

and you watched a video on you tube and frankly "never liked the show" and never really seem to like the Cadets - last year you wouldn't pipe down about the towers lol

Oh PLEASE. Belittle more, I beg of you obvious wise one.

First, carries a little more "weight", not wait.

Second, a standing O at a rehearsal in Cadets country with a bunch of Alumni and fans and high school bandos from their housing site watching is hardly evidence of it being better received. It probably will be, but lets not jump the gun.

Third, if you read my posts over the last week or so, I was willing to give them a chance at adding that moment I was waiting for and was excited to see what they have in store. I'm sorry if I'm dissapointed in the fact it's pretty much the same ending with a lot more crap thrown on top of it with some re staged drill. I don't have to see it live to notice that and know I don't like the design.

Fourth, please go find me evidence of not piping down about the towers on a consistent basis. No, I didn't like them. I made that known. But neither did most people.

Fifth, are you ####### kidding me? Last year had its fatal flaws visually, but I LOVED it musically, the first hit was one of my favorite moments live last year, ballad was gorgeous, love the closer. One of my favorite listens from 2013. I enjoyed 2012, until they unloaded the cheese truck onto it later in the season. Am ecstatic they won in 2011. Enjoyed 2010. 2005 is an all time favorite. Listen to 2003 all the time. Love all drill from 1989 - 2004, and I could go on and on. I love The Cadets when I like their shows.

I'm done now, if you want to continue PLEASE PM me and enlighten me since you know so #### much.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Honey, I'm not going anywhere.

Bam. "Ignored" you're officially GONE from my world.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

I can just imagine DCP if there wasn't a politcal policy. As soon as I heard Cadets pre/post changes I thought "I know specific members who would have a field day with this." Some are sneaking in the comments.

That being said, the video was taken from a very low-level vantage point. Tarps look like saran wrap on the field, hornline looks like it's getting together, doing wavy things and doing the Carolina Crown blastoff. The sound is typical of a cell phone video - bad.

It's hard to make an opinion based on this video so I'll wait.

One thing that was clear, the cheese factor has gone from Kraft singles to shredded Romano. Need to be careful with that.

"In other news, DCI's GE judges have issued a Stage 3 Velveeta alert for tonight's performance..."

• Like 1