The Cadets - 2014

You should have heard those "kids" screaming for them at Rutgers.

The Cadets have been here for 80 years. If we can survive 2006, we can survive ANYTHING!

You should have heard those "kids" screaming for them at Rutgers.

The Cadets have been here for 80 years. If we can survive 2006, we can survive ANYTHING!

Oh I have no doubt. DCI and every other corps will fold and The Cadets will still be kicking and screaming. George Hopkins is hands down on another planet in terms of being resourceful. That man manipulates heaven and earth to keep that corps running strong.

His design staff on the other hand is too old. (Same goes for SCV, BD, and Phantom). They need that young staff, new writers, and designers who are more eager to prove a point.

Oprah tarp isn't going to cut it on the innovation theme that they keep shoving down people throats.

That's not an Oprah tarp. An Oprah tarp would have covered the entire field.

I find that those Americaphobes on here who HATE this show are looking at one or two problems and pooh-poohing the entire effort.

Save for a few, and I mean, FEW indulgences at the very end, this show is wonderful. It's far from preachy. Do a show about the POTUS; expect Americana.

As far as age is concerned, one cannot turn back time. Seems to me the Cadets are pretty consistent in message; it's for the enrichment of young people. Trophies have always been treated as icing on the cake. It's the Cadets experience that is the meat of the meal.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 4

Cadets will be fine. They'll finish in second to one of the top shows EVER

I have a feeling we'll see a very original offering out of them next year - and they'll once again execute the heck out of it

G.

• Like 2

That's not an Oprah tarp. An Oprah tarp would have covered the entire field.

I find that those Americaphobes on here who HATE this show are looking at one or two problems and pooh-poohing the entire effort.

Save for a few, and I mean, FEW indulgences at the very end, this show is wonderful. It's far from preachy. Do a show about the POTUS; expect Americana.

As far as age is concerned, one cannot turn back time. Seems to me the Cadets are pretty consistent in message; it's for the enrichment of young people. Trophies have always been treated as icing on the cake. It's the Cadets experience that is the meat of the meal.

They are really about taking huge risks and trying to execute those risks to the highest quality possible. That applies to life a lot better than that horrible MBA non profit mumbo jumbo about enrichment.

People are already calling it Oprah tarp. That ship has sailed. Oprah Tarp pwns regurgitated Scherezade in the comedy department. As a matter of fact, it could be the most hilarious moment in DCI if the cadets just pulled out one single massive Oprah tarp for their finale.

Cadets will be fine. They'll finish in second to one of the top shows EVER

I have a feeling we'll see a very original offering out of them next year - and they'll once again execute the heck out of it

G.

There's a Bluecoat corps that's only back .15 that might have something to say about that.
  • Like 1

There's a Bluecoat corps that's only back .15 that might have something to say about that.

I don't think the Cadets should care if they get jumped tomorrow. For some reason Cadet and Bluecoats may be close in score but they're just two different sauces. One is a crowd pleaser the other one is a "sit down and let me tell shove my message in your face for 10 minutes."

Silver and bronze are both cool colors.

• Like 1

Nah! Cadets won't get jumped. However, if I was a Crown staff member, I would be worried about the Green Machine.