The Cadets - 2014

By far the funniest thing I've seen all day. My apologies if this has already been posted in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3sXgqrjeiU

And it's still less in-your-face than this year's closer.

:ninja:

That YouTube was AWESOME!!! LOL. "George Bush hates black people" and ending with Howard Dean. LOL

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen that high-cam...that's INCREDIBLE. The multicam did not do that show justice (and we all know about the all-time camera flub the next year...)

There's a Bluecoat corps that's only back .15 that might have something to say about that.

One percussion judge dumped on Cadets big time which decreased that already small gap between Cadets and Coats last night.

That's not an Oprah tarp. An Oprah tarp would have covered the entire field.

I find that those Americaphobes on here who HATE this show are looking at one or two problems and pooh-poohing the entire effort.

Save for a few, and I mean, FEW indulgences at the very end, this show is wonderful. It's far from preachy. Do a show about the POTUS; expect Americana.

As far as age is concerned, one cannot turn back time. Seems to me the Cadets are pretty consistent in message; it's for the enrichment of young people. Trophies have always been treated as icing on the cake. It's the Cadets experience that is the meat of the meal.

Wallace I think you've isolated the key design failure of this (very well executed) show. The music of Copland is music of the people. On the other hand, the show's selected quotes derive from presidents' perceived need to inspire people during (with one exception) wartime. The linking of American identity to wartime identity is hugely problematic, especially when promoted to youth and framed as art.

• Like 1

Wallace I think you've isolated the key design failure of this (very well executed) show. The music of Copland is music of the people. On the other hand, the show's selected quotes derive from presidents' perceived need to inspire people during (with one exception) wartime. The linking of American identity to wartime identity is hugely problematic, especially when promoted to youth and framed as art.

I think the show is designed to demonstrate America's journey has been a struggle at times, and her willingness and determination got us through depressions, wars and determination like the space program, were exercises to motivate its people to endure and push to better our society. The cheesy end is in itself, a celebration of our our determination, drive, hope and promise.

• Like 2

One percussion judge dumped on Cadets big time which decreased that already small gap between Cadets and Coats last night.

Not sure which judge you're referring too. They both seemed pretty much in agreement with each other. Only two tenths separated their scores.

Griffin had them 3rd in rep, 4th in performance, 4th overall. Rodriguez had them 5th in rep, 4th in performance, 5th overall. Pretty consistent with what Prosperie (4th) and Dunn (4th) called the night before.

Bloo did increase the spread in percussion from .15 to .4, but that's only a part of nearly a point they took off Cadets' spread in 24hrs.

Nah! Cadets won't get jumped. However, if I was a Crown staff member, I would be worried about the Green Machine.

Uh huh... So you're saying the Cadets won't get jumped when they're only .15 ahead of the Bluecoats but Crown will when they're 2 points ahead of Cavies... Gotcha.