Carolina crown audition advice for 2015?

Hi my name is Christian, I'm 18 years old and this would be my second year in drum corps. I marched with Genesis in 2013 and I've decided to move up to world class so what's it like in Carolina Crown? What are the auditions like? What's tour life like ? Thank you for reading this post!(:

Will you be marching this Summer? Everything about Crown and most of the WC corps is a level or two above OC. More mm, staff, higher expectations, etc. Just do your best, don't stand out in a negative way, and make them want to sign you. All the best.

Edited by Ghost

No I plan on auditioning in 2015

It's too bad you can't march this year with another top 12 and get a WC year of experience. Stay in touch in the months ahead, because there always is a corps or three needing someone as the season moves forward.

Edited by Ghost

I know, I couldn't afford this year but for sure 2015!!

You may want to look at Boston as well.

I believe they sometimes reduce tour fees for people who are signed late in the process, because they need to fill the hole in the drill that's already been written. I'm not sure how much, though. There may also be fundraising kits to help raise the funds (at least, there should be - every other activity has them!)

My understanding is that the audition itself will be quite a learning experience. Not only will you have to show what you know, but they will teach you things to see how you respond, and to assess your attitude. The Spirit audition video on fan network shows some of this. It ain't easy.

Audition for multiple corps with a range of performance levels, just to make sure you get in somewhere. Drum corps is like pizza, even the lowest corps is way better than none. Good luck!

If you aren't going to march this year, have you thought about volunteering with the corps. That is one of the best ways to experience their everyday life. And it can really help get to know the staff, and see what they expect.

Even if you choose not to volunteer with the corps, my best advice for preparing for your audition for next year.

First contact the corps and ask for an information packet/email. Most corps are happy to provide you with the information for prospective members. Read up on all the information so you will be well informed when you attend the first camp. Next practice, practice, practice, practice, and then when you are done, practice some more. Be prepared for your audition, and make sure you listen to anything the staff tells you. Be ready to accept criticism, and respond by attempting to do what they tell you. You may not have a perfect audition, but if you are talented, and they can tell you are able to rise to any challenges thrown your way, you can still make the corps.

Tour life will be different from marching Genesis. Rehearsals will be a little more intense, and there might be a little more pressure. The show is going to most likely be more difficult. And small issues Genesis may not be as concerned with, Crown may focus on a lot harder.

And if you don't manage to make the corps, I would definitely try marching with another corps that season. The more experience you have coming in, the better.

I hope you had a great time marching with Genesis, and hopefully you will have the opportunity to march Crown. Best of luck.

• Like 1