Blue saints

The blue saints are a small open class corps in Canada that always put out fun, creative shows.

They have been growing, but very slowly. Does anybody know what they will be like (size/placement) in 2014?

Few corps grow leaps and bounds from one year to the next, so I'd imagine they'll still be small, though hopefully still growing.

As for placement... it's February. 'Nuff said?

• Like 1

I'm thinking about auditioning for them in 2015

• Like 3

I'd say go for it. I haven't really seen the corps in a while, but they were always a good group. Had some good experiences over the years with those kids when we were at the same shows.

• Like 1

I really have to say, that even though they have been really small, they have actually put on some really good shows. Being one of the smallest corps, it is sometimes hard to move up in the ranks, against bigger corps. Visual GE sometimes holds you back with a smaller corps. I think you should audition for them and add another member. And have a great summer, regardless of placement, or size of the corps.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I marched there last summer and I've heard lots that they have a ton of kids coming out, how many will actually march is always up in the air though. This year they seem to have a lot of recruiting efforts in place like clinics and all that. It's hard to get kids to come since the whole marching band scene is almost non-existent up here. Indoor drumlines are starting to pop up in high schools all over, and a girl I marched with started a marching band in her university. I can definitely see the band/corps scene making a comeback, and the Saints will be a solid corps in a few years.

I wouldn't be surprised if corps close to the border start having more camps in Canada, like BK(?) did in Calgary.

• Like 1

I'll be auditioning in 2015 for baritone