Blue Stars 2014 "Where the Heart Is"

8+ minutes of the show from yesterday on the site (dont know if im allowed to post link). Rough run for the guard but it was first time performing in almost a week. Great things are happening and it was great for the first time with the uniform change. A good full day of practice today to work on alot that has been able to be touched because of rain. Im so proud of all these kids (im year older i can use kids right?) and everything they are putting into this show. They have made everyone that has been affiliated with this corps proud. I know DCP could careless about them but they have a spot in my heart and its home. I know some of them come on here and read what people have to say so kick kicking ### and taking initials because aint no one got time to take names.

FCO

• Like 2

Random thought of the day. One of my favorite elements of this year's show is a ripple saber toss where a pair of hornline members march with a couch down the line, passing it over the head of each guard member between their toss and the catch. Finishing with the couch rotated to be parallel to the front sideline followed by saber toss over the couch, caught by the guard member after ducking under and through.

What's the music before the faux guitar stuff. Like a couple of minutes before?

To me it sound a little like Pure Imagnination. Okay, it's at 4:20.

Anyway, just saw a bootleg of the show FINALLY.

Wow, I like this show! Really neat music!!! It has a good bit of work needed to make it truly special, but it's cool.

Edited by jjeffeory

A lot of the music is original composition, and I haven't heard it enough to parse it. And if you're hearing faux guitar stuff, it's probably real guitar stuff.

A lot of the music is original composition, and I haven't heard it enough to parse it. And if you're hearing faux guitar stuff, it's probably real guitar stuff.

Ah, I thought it might be a guitar patch. I know it's not Pure Imagination; I looked on corpsreps. I just don't know if it's part of The Chairman Dances or Homeward Bound. It's definitely before Home.

What's the music before the faux guitar stuff. Like a couple of minutes before?

To me it sound a little like Pure Imagnination. Okay, it's at 4:20.

And I also think a few seconds after that part, the stuff the pit plays kind of sounds like the theme from the movie Up... I swear these things can't be coincidental. Haha.

• Like 1

They were going to use the music from Up, but just made it sound similar ;)

AHA, I knew it! Sometimes I feel like I stretch a little too much trying to find out if an arranger based a part of the music off of a popular theme (although this time around, it seemed fairly obvious since the melody and instrumentation was essentially the same as the main theme). And it all made sense to me considering the title of the theme is "Married Life."