Blue Stars 2014 "Where the Heart Is"

Maybe they just like the music. I doubt the background of the piece matters much.

We just like the music.

If that is the case a corps can title a show, "The Way to Love a Woman; a Blissful Relationship"; and without intending to be sarcastic but actually portraying the blissful love, they can use the music from the movie Sid and Nancy, the punk rock group the Sex Pistols, as well as excerpts form many of the other misogynistic rock bands because, as you say, they just like the music and the background of the pieces do not matter.

Edited by Stu

Chairman Dances has an upbeat bright optimistic feel to it (I'm thinking like moving into a home?), despite the background for it which I didn't even know of before you mentioned it. Vanguard's epic opener in 08 and MANY high schools have used it in shows with a happy upbeat theme, so I don't' see why Blue Stars can't do the same. Not like all the selections are that way, it's the only one that doesn't have Home in the title. I think it fits in based solely on the music itself.

• Like 1

How about we keep the negativity out of here? Think of it like the struggles the corps has gone through with the rebuilding of the corps as the home. I mean we didnt have a problem with the song when SCV played it in 08 as the Mind section saying lets all go crazy and kill people...

Not being negative, just questioning how Mao was a home loving family guy. Also, SCV did not place the piece in the context of Love, Home, and Family, and neither did Adams,

Chairman Dances has an upbeat bright optimistic feel to it (I'm thinking like moving into a home?), despite the background for it which I didn't even know of before you mentioned it. Vanguard's epic opener in 08 and MANY high schools have used it in shows with a happy upbeat theme, so I don't' see why Blue Stars can't do the same. Not like all the selections are that way, it's the only one that doesn't have Home in the title. I think it fits in based solely on the music itself.

Ok, then please respond to my post #12.

• Like 1

DrumManTx: The melody from the song Mack the Knife is also really 'upbeat' with an optimistic feel; but the thing is that many people have not analazied the lyrics. And if they knew the background of the song it would be really wierd for them to use that song as a tribute to the Love of Humanity 'just because it sounds upbeat with an optimistic feel'.

I guess almost all of the other source music pertains directly to the theme and the design team thought it fit well with everything else musically, I'm sure it will be fine, it's a fun piece to listen to. Most of your fans won't even know about the background of it. :music:

Regardless, sounds like a really cool concept they can do some fun stuff with. Looking forward to that drumline and front ensemble tearing it up again.

Edited by DrumManTx