DCI membership votes overwhelmingly to allow ALL brass instruments in

I'm no more qualified than any other fan. But I just used the past few hours to write the next three "Spotlights," so I'm perhaps not totally "with it" yet. I think I'll go back to bed here in northwest Indiana and try to trick my brain into dreaming I'm in sunny Arizona.

Seriously Mike, of all aren't you the most qualified here to have an email read by DCI today? Maybe a push would get them to post the details.

I keep waiting for FoxNews to pick it up...

:sarcasm:

I don't think we'll be seeing full lines of trombones and french horns, either....

... Which makes me wonder why this was passed if it was to be an opportunity for more brass players to come into the activity....

...... Which makes me think maybe we will be seeing full lines of trombones and french horns....

........... Which makes me sad.

Mike, it was 17-3 in favor

Just checked and the band marches 192 members. So they'd have to cut 42 to be entirely legal.

225 in the full band....198 in the field band....each row has two alternates

"The Sky is FALLING! Whatever shall I do? I hate DCI....Drum Corps is over as we know it!!"

Well guys, not really. Stop pouting.

If it TRULY is the end of the world that they now let Trombones and French Horns perform, then I expect all DCA shows to be sold out for the entire summer because all of you angry fans that buy tons of tickets will need somewhere to go.

Buy tickets to a DCA show.....you won't be dissapointed!

**Shameless plug over** :wall:

Will you still be saying that when the "all instrument" proposal eventually gets passed? Because of this rule passing, that issue now comes to the forefront.

My guess, because of this passing, woodwinds will be on the field within 3-5 years.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1