DCI membership votes overwhelmingly to allow ALL brass instruments in

Next will be: "You know that trombones are legal in DCI? Get 76 of them and start a drum corps!"

(Sorry Bob, couldn't pass up the chance to be snarky. :ninja: )

Well one thing for sure they have NO excuse to be out of tune do they?

:)

I want to know when the theremin will be added!

• Like 1

I think it's already legal, like other electronic instruments.

Another reason not to like the change: If corps are put in a position where they must purchase these instruments, what will the financial burden be? What about the corps who cannot afford them? Will there be a competitive disadvantage to NOT having them?

Speaking from professional experience (I work at an agency with a market research arm), it's disgustingly expensive to get something truly accurate and worthwhile, especially in the "niche" zone.

Here's a question for the class:

How do you lower the cost of the activity - tuition, operating costs, or ticket prices - in any discernible way without taking away from the quality?

Stop buying brand new equipment every season....

Another reason not to like the change: If corps are put in a position where they must purchase these instruments, what will the financial burden be? What about the corps who cannot afford them? Will there be a competitive disadvantage to NOT having them?

Stop buying brand new equipment every season....

I think we've been over this, but most drum corps don't really lose money on the horns they are buying at wholesale and turning around at the end of the season for slightly under. You'd have to look at their books to verify, but this was my understanding when I was working at Yamaha.

Edited by CrownLeadSop

I think we've been over this, but most drum corps don't really lose money on the horns they are buying at wholesale and turning around at the end of the season for slightly under. You'd have to look at their books to verify, but this was my understanding when I was working at Yamaha.

Another logical reason for trombones....easy sale to the other bandos!

...and a french horn "bugle" just wont do. It wouldn't actually BE a french horn like the symphyony orchestra uses, it was just sound like one and fit into the already established horns...

We don't want to use what we have, we need to covet what we don't have... :ninja:

Didn't crown already do a show on this...something like....the grass is always greener....?

• Like 1