DCI membership votes overwhelmingly to allow ALL brass instruments in

You're not going to see full lines of french horns, trombones or sousaphones. You may see them used as solo or small ensemble instruments, and for sound or visual effects. I'm totally fine with this rule change.

Pretty much. If a corps decided to make a trombone line or a sousaphone line there would be a huge uproar from their alumni base. I feel that the only real use for the new instrumentation would be a sideline solo or for groups trying to move from Soundsport to DCI Open Class where the groups would likely try to get a standard line as soon as they could.

• Like 1

I've been saying for a wile now that this is all a push for BOA and WGI to take DCI and morph it into BOA Summer Division or somethng stupid like that. Good for Bando$ and their parent$, I guess, and the instructors and arrangers who get phat paid off those bandos.

• Like 1

I'm going with , it won't make a difference . Stupid rule . You don't need a French horn or trombone to be artsteic . It does not stop designers from being creative . Just power hungry , stupid rule . Should have been laughed at . As. Far as eating crow . I think not .

• Like 3

Why don't all of you dinosaurs just get over yourselves? The people who are actually PARTICIPATING in the activity rather than just posting on DCP want this. The change will correct and adjust itself for utilization. Most baritone players are trombonists by nature. Oh, how awful it would be to have a section of them show us what they could REALLY do! Same with French Horn players who switch to mellophone. Oh no! We might actually hear what these talented individuals can give us on their NATURAL instruments? Puh-lease! We are a niche activity with niche fan base that changes very little over time. And if you claim that THIS will keep you away, you are not fans in the first place. Be a fan of the kids. It is not about the instruments, the rules, the judging system, the electronics, or anything else. It has always been and always will be about the kids!

• Like 4

Why don't all of you dinosaurs just get over yourselves? The people who are actually PARTICIPATING in the activity rather than just posting on DCP want this. The change will correct and adjust itself for utilization. Most baritone players are trombonists by nature. Oh, how awful it would be to have a section of them show us what they could REALLY do! Same with French Horn players who switch to mellophone. Oh no! We might actually hear what these talented individuals can give us on their NATURAL instruments? Puh-lease! We are a niche activity with niche fan base that changes very little over time. And if you claim that THIS will keep you away, you are not fans in the first place. Be a fan of the kids. It is not about the instruments, the rules, the judging system, the electronics, or anything else. It has always been and always will be about the kids!

Everyone I've ever marched with and I must be a rare breed still marching in this activity then. I'm extremely upset about this change. I joined this activity because of how unique the ensemble is. Honestly, I was hoping SoundSport would get rid of any proposal like this.

• Like 7

No, no one currently in this activity wants this. The move to Bb horns over G bugles was accommodating enough to get kids into Drum and Bugle Corps, we don't need to be adding instruments that deviate from our roots.

• Like 6