Where is DCI headed?

Im sure woodwinds will be added by then. Its pretty sad that this is what drum corps is coming to

Ever wonder why DCI decided to have a long Term Finals contract with Indy? Home of BOA finals?

Bouyaaaaaa!!!!!

Bet we see some sort of joint finals week (s) of DCI and BOA by 2020.

• Like 2

OK, any thoughts on those other aspects of Drum Corps.... aka All Age, Minis and not competing (aka "Alumni").... IMO - they are more connected than most realize or want to admit.

Hmmm.. one of the corps will (crossing fingers) hit 100 years old in 2020......

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I think this will be self-limiting, because the visual interruption caused by french horns and sousaphones will interfere with audience response and member excitement. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the first corps that uses trombones and sousaphones sees a decline in talent in auditions the following year. This is because drum corps are admired by students for their exotic distinctiveness.

I hate to say this, but I'm looking forward to seeing early adopters drop in the order. It's ok, because the band-corps' loss will be the corps-corps' gain.

OK, any thoughts on those other aspects of Drum Corps.... aka All Age, Minis and not competing (aka "Alumni").... IMO - they are more connected than most realize or want to admit.

Hmmm.. one of the corps will (crossing fingers) hit 100 years old in 2020......

connected? well that depends on ones audience.....I dont think if you look at alumni of any All age corps including the most famous ( cabs ) would connect at all to any younger crowd. They bring the past to life for many but also for many there's no connection, Hell I know many in that corps, and alot dont even connect with their own members and some are trying to change that.

Ive heard many say the good old days arent just the 60s and 70s its even the 90s where many of the old timers dont connect to....thats always the problem in our activity....each decade feels theirs was the best and any change or move forward ( or backward ) doesnt make it drum corps. silly!!! and an argument thats has gone on since the beginning and will till the end...nothing new......and that can be said about life in general. Didnt the parents of the 50s think that rock and roll was a fad and wouldnt last?...HMMMMM