New Name for DCI (suggestions?)

Actually, it ceased being a "drum and bugle" corps when it has nothing the differentiates it from a brass band. D&B corps have always been a subset now they simply are.

I say let's call it Summer Olympic Band for rich young adults. :silly:

• Like 1

Actually, it ceased being a "drum and bugle" corps when it has nothing the differentiates it from a brass band. D&B corps have always been a subset now they simply are.

I say let's call it Summer Olympic Band for rich young adults. :silly:

many think it hasnt been drum corps since 1972.....many..................cant say Olympic....WGI had to pull that after the 1st few years for using the name WGI Olympics but i know you were just really talking cost today :colgate:

many think it hasnt been drum corps since 1972.....many..................cant say Olympic....WGI had to pull that after the 1st few years for using the name WGI Olympics but i know you were just really talking cost today :colgate:

True. And to them, if that is their opinion of what drum corps is they would be correct. Remember, it's all about the "experience" now right? :silly:

Remember, it's all about the "experience" now right? :silly:

Isn't that what it's always been about? Pouring your heart and soul into a performance for 3 months, 12 hours a day with 120+ of your brothers and sisters?

• Like 1

Since DCI is suffering from extreme memory loss and it is attempting to discover its true distinctiveness amidst a clandestine conspiracy within the group known as the G7...

How about we rename it...

THE HORN IDENTITY

And many more think it hasn't been drum corps since decades before 72: when the corps marched on a football field, stopped wearing legit military uniforms, stopped being associated with military troops or at least veteran organizations, etc. My grandfather LOATHED seeing something as "asinine" as a supposed drum and bugle corps wearing blue jackets and playing (gasp) jazz on a football field: with a "silly/stupid" name like 'blue devils' no less, and obviously having poor grooming habits and having nothing to do with military.