Best Marching Surface?

cdm

What is your opinion on the best marching surface? Grass, synthetic turf, concrete, flat, or crowned football field? Let me know what you think.

Flat artificial surface was my favorite.

I was never a fan of those crowned fields... even though I understood they were there for drainage purposes in case of bad weather.

Soles of my shoes... anything else was uncomfortable...

Kennedy Stadium - Bridgeport, CT ... home to the 65 WO ... 66 & 67 DCA ... Barnum Festival since 65 ... and numerous dc shows through the 60's 70's and 80's ... rich, lush, thick natural grass throughout the 60's-80's ... replaced by artf turf around 2005 ...

:-)

• Like 1

What is your opinion on the best marching surface? Grass, synthetic turf, concrete, flat, or crowned football field? Let me know what you think.

The new field turf type of artificial surface, with the little rubber bits made from ground-up tires as the "dirt' between the blades of "grass".

Either that, or this...check out this guard! :tounge2:

ice-skating-05.jpg

• Like 2

The new field turf type of artificial surface, with the little rubber bits made from ground-up tires as the "dirt' between the blades of "grass".

The Kilts fondly call those "turf turds". Our Sunday outside rehearsals are held in a stadium with that type of ground cover. Take off your shoes and shake'em out and they look like mouse droppings.

Soccer grass

Here here. Best field I ever marched on was at Crew Stadium in Columbus OH, even better than most artificial turf fields.