Silent Post for for the Death of Drum Corps

Snarky reply...

Which death? 1972? Valves? Second or third valves? Grounding pit? Timing gun? Amps? Voice? Shakos? Spats? Electronics? Bones & Souza's?

Just curious which death I'm supposed to be honoring with my silence.

End snark.

• Like 5

Why bother even posting this? Does it contribute to the discussion? Does it offer an insightful look in to your opinion on the matter? Or perhaps it's just another thread overexagerrating the impact these changes will have on the activity? If you choose to post something for humor it could at least be original

This post may contradict with some of my other posts. But....

Drum corps is not dead. If you haven't noticed, most, if not all of the rule changes have actually made DCI much more interesting and fun to watch. Almost every rule change has made the activity grow and allowed the kids to put on shows that were once thought of as impossible. If there were no rule changes in dci history, then in the present day of 2013, we would not have had Spartacus, the zone, frameworks, Medea, what I'm saying is that almost every major show in the history of the activity happened as a result of some rule change. The one that comes to mind the most is star of indiana 1991. That show took the activity to another level, where the shows were just spectacular. My point is that without rule changes, the activity would just not be very impressive, and I am almost 100% certain that DCI will have another show this year that will stand out in history. DCI is not dying. It's growing and will be more spectacular than its been for a long time.

• Like 1

Why bother even posting this? Does it contribute to the discussion? Does it offer an insightful look in to your opinion on the matter? Or perhaps it's just another thread overexagerrating the impact these changes will have on the activity? If you choose to post something for humor it could at least be original

Or if the OP chooses to post something for humor it could at least be, I don't know, humorous