well it didnt take very long...

"You see, grandpa, there's this thing called the "internet," where things are funny for a while, but then completely lose their meaning after being beaten to death. This is where you come in. Go ahead and make that meme. Did you know there is a thing called "LOLcats," too? Grandpa, you're spilling your oatmeal. Grandpa? Grandpa!! NOOOO!!! HE'S GONE WHYGODWHY?!?!?"

• Like 2

Tired old drum corps fans digging up a tired old internet meme?

Shocking... :sigh:

" tired and old " ?. whats the average age of these DCI show designers ? They're all under 45, right ? And the DCI Judges ?, surely they are young ( and untired) and all under 45, right ?.

funny. sad it is how many fans feel, and of course they get mocked for feeling that way.

I've never seen an activity that eats its own like drum corps does.

• Like 4

funny. sad it is how many fans feel, and of course they get mocked for feeling that way.

I've never seen an activity that eats its own like drum corps does.

Good point.

Many years ago, I told my mentor, the brilliant John Sasso, that I wanted to become a drum corps instructor. "Why would you want to do that?", he asked. I stammered, "Well...I...I love the sound and...the whole style, you know?"

He replied, "Drum Corps don't need instructors." I was taken aback. "They don't? What do they need?"

He answered without hesitation. "Psychiatrists", he said.

• Like 4

Best thing about it all, there's been no official word that this even passed!!!

• Like 1