well it didnt take very long...

could be DCI sees that the dino so to speak is all but gone....I mean really gone..or getting to an age where they wont travel to these things and they need to look elsewhere...the 40 year old now ( if you want to say is a Dino ) may have some years left but many of the real dinos who grew up in the activity , those who live and breathe drum corps will all be gone .

IMO there will never be that person again..or very few...it cant be...the world has changed...the way we became the die hards is we invested practically our entire life to the activity...most cant do that now

maybe they do...however at the shows I go to, they're still there. the number is starting to shrink, but they're there.

but being involved in the band side of things as I am, I'm here to tell you that banking on that entirely for the future isn't all that business wise.

maybe they do...however at the shows I go to, they're still there. the number is starting to shrink, but they're there.

but being involved in the band side of things as I am, I'm here to tell you that banking on that entirely for the future isn't all that business wise.

and neither is it on that other side of things......that only makes sense,,,,,no business puts their eggs in a basket that could be dwindling by the sheer reason of aging or getting to a point where they may not be you primary target..thats sure death ..and the shows you go to is an area of PA/NJ/NY that is a hot bed of older fans...which Im one and thats cool...a very different story other places..but even still, its less and less all the time 1/2 my friends go to allentown and stay in a hotel and just go to part of the show now and it has nothing to do with whats being played..they just dont want or cant deal with a marathon of drum corps anymore

So you say shows you go to they are still there BUT DWINDLING ..and Bandos arent the answer....so if both of us are 1/2 right...whats the answer? or is it just time to finally let what we know go and either let it die it's death or let it change however and go with it or just go. Dont tell me bring back whatever or design whatever, thats a bandaid ( lol ) and you know that as well as me.

Edited by GUARDLING

Might as well throw in the one I put together a couple nights ago. (I'm pretty sure Jeff DeMello posted his when I was working on mine. Wasn't quite fast enough.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OlOceoH408

Heh: "Even Ohio State's band might qualify to compete under these new rules. But all their idiot fans would wonder why they're down in 26th place."