Thanks for the memories...Im gone!

Eh, all of the sanctimonious pearl-clutching folks seem to believe that their one T-shirt last year is someone keeping DCI in the black. Or the fact that they haven't gone to a show in ten years, but somehow think that they're keeping DCI alive. There are more than enough people out there still supporting DCI to keep them solvent and surviving, even if the doom-and-gloom crowd finally bails, after threatening it for 40 years.

Pretty strong statement, as I doubt you know the OP personally. We need to cut and paste this in the thread where some pearl clutchers were complaining that DCI could benefit from some market research. You seem to have everything all wrapped up for them! . I find myself relieved that we seem to be on opposite sides of most of this discussion.

I was pretty much gone last year.....the first year in a long time that I did not see a single DCI show nor buy anything DCI-related. But I have my memories of what drum corps was in its glory years and all the dvds and recordings....and I won't be seeing any more DCI as I do not want to taint all those wonderful memories. We have been fighting this fight for almost 15 years and warning them that this day may come if they did not heed the warnings....don't blame us for not trying. They may not miss me but for ###### sure they are going to miss my $$.

This is all so overdramatic. Who cares about a stupid rule, and besides I am pretty the Board of Directors have been thinking about this for a while. They are trying to make the activity more enjoyable and expand to new ideas. What if last year is somebodys "glory years" to them? Rules are rules. DCI can do whateever they want. The mission of Drum Corps is not to be traditional and not evolve. It's to educate the people participating and push them to become great leaders and fill them with memories. Is a different brass instrument REALLY going to end this? You act as if this is doomsday and the end of the world. You really should be proud that kids still want to march, they look up to you and you paved the way for today. But this is the funny thing: There is no official news from DCI that this new rule is in effect.

• Like 4

Why the final desperate cry for attention? If this really is the final nail in the coffin for you, why not just leave? Does pontificating on a drum corps forum, and listing your grievances supposed to convince DCI to change their mind?

• Like 7

After supporting Drum Corps for over 30 some years I am finally done...Take care all it has been a wonderful ride but it is time to say Goodbye... Love you all!

bye!

this is what more people need to do if they're that ######.

(PS see you in August)

• Like 2

your 1st line couldnt be more true.

Thanks. It's true though, as much as people don't want to see it. Everyone's glory day is someone else's death of drum corps. It's the constant cycle things go in. Kids still show up to audition camps, people still go to the shows, and the cycle repeats. A bit like clockwork. Every November, a new flock of kids will come to audition camps enthused out of their minds for their shot making their dream corps, and getting to put on that special uniform for the best summer of their lives. Because the excellence draws them in. Like it has ever since drum corps started. And just like it will forevermore.

• Like 2

This is all so overdramatic. Who cares about a stupid rule, and besides I am pretty the Board of Directors have been thinking about this for a while. They are trying to make the activity more enjoyable and expand to new ideas. What if last year is somebodys "glory years" to them? Rules are rules. DCI can do whateever they want. The mission of Drum Corps is not to be traditional and not evolve. It's to educate the people participating and push them to become great leaders and fill them with memories. Is a different brass instrument REALLY going to end this? You act as if this is doomsday and the end of the world. You really should be proud that kids still want to march, they look up to you and you paved the way for today. But this is the funny thing: There is no official news from DCI that this new rule is in effect.

would a director telling me it's true and confirming the vote tally count?

I'm not for the rule change either but I'm not going to stop supporting drum corps. The ONLY way I'll stop supporting is if they add woodwinds. Thats the only way that I'll stop watching

Eh, all of the sanctimonious pearl-clutching folks seem to believe that their one T-shirt last year is someone keeping DCI in the black. Or the fact that they haven't gone to a show in ten years, but somehow think that they're keeping DCI alive. There are more than enough people out there still supporting DCI to keep them solvent and surviving, even if the doom-and-gloom crowd finally bails, after threatening it for 40 years.

"Surviving"... woo hoo. Way to smackdown those critics.