Thanks for the memories...Im gone!

Well in THAT case Mrs. Hopkins, I'm certainly not about to inquire any further on what unrelated Men are doing providing gifts of pretty necklaces for you........ nor why ..and at the very least, you should probably learn how to correctly spell the names of your gift bearing male admirers, don't you think ? ' Hate to have you misspell the thank you notes when its called for.

Snarky as always, of course. or perhaps the constant ire aimed at GH is misplaced, since clearly it was the folks from Madison who brought this proposal forth. The defenders of old drum corps ask to include trombones and French horns in their show of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis music. Maybe that has a little something to do with it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Siince you asked for my involvement as a fan of late, please list your involvement as your apparent qualifyer to speak on current DCI changes.

I did not ask about your involvement, but rather hypothesised the a possible basis to the negativity in your pronouncements. Looking at your involvement leaves me futher baffled as to your attitude.

But hey I will play. Currently I am an active DCA performer entering my 9th season as such. I had 5 seasons in the 80s as a performer. I've attended or performed in every DCI Finals since 84' save for 5 random years. Was shocked myself when I counted the program yearbooks! Last year I attended 4 shows including Finals. I have over 15 years of corps volunteer and support work under my belt, including helping run 3 shows. I've been a Fan Network subscriber since it's inception. I buy the DCI A/V products every season. In that time I've met, worked with, spent time with and friended a good number of DCI Directors, judges, and staff members, including staff or admin for half of the current top12.

I have my experiences, beliefs, ideas, and opinions. On occasion I share them, trying hard to be constructive and positive. There is already plenty of pundents and critics in here to go around.

• Like 1

Still drum corps to me. I am in it for the long haul. To hear a hornline like Crown is like Heaven.

Indeed, they are a VERY VERY VERY good marching band!

Edited by Mello Dude

Don't ya just love an online suicide?

:dancin::laugh::dancin:

Yep. Another customer lost and another seat freed up to watch the best marching band show in the world. Everyone is happy right?

Edited by Mello Dude

I did not ask about your involvement, but rather hypothesised the a possible basis to the negativity in your pronouncements. Looking at your involvement leaves me futher baffled as to your attitude.

But hey I will play. Currently I am an active DCA performer entering my 9th season as such. I had 5 seasons in the 80s as a performer. I've attended or performed in every DCI Finals since 84' save for 5 random years. Was shocked myself when I counted the program yearbooks! Last year I attended 4 shows including Finals. I have over 15 years of corps volunteer and support work under my belt, including helping run 3 shows. I've been a Fan Network subscriber since it's inception. I buy the DCI A/V products every season. In that time I've met, worked with, spent time with and friended a good number of DCI Directors, judges, and staff members, including staff or admin for half of the current top12.

I have my experiences, beliefs, ideas, and opinions. On occasion I share them, trying hard to be constructive and positive. There is already plenty of pundents and critics in here to go around.

The nice thing ( for me anyway ) is that there is no requalifyer for one to express their opinions here on DCP, although to be sure there is some value when we are asking to compare things one is intimately experienced with to some degree with both things being asked to compare. I do not take a poster's criticism of something discussed on here as inherently " not positive, nor constructive ". As a matter of fact, silence and acquiescence can sometimes be viewed as a negative in my view and counterproductive to positive long term results. I don't know what a " pundent" is, ( I'll assume you mean " pundit "), but we are all " positive " contributors " here in my view, even the ones that don't particularly agree with one another's observations qand comments. Silence and persistent uncritical acquiescence in my view is not helpful at all to the advancement of knowledge.. on anything.. So thanks for sharing your take on things even if we might not agree on this issue.

Edited by BRASSO

Indeed, they are a VERY VERY VERY good marching band!

Best one on the field last year. But as much as we've all wanted to beat around the bush, to the rest of the world, we are summer marching band.

• Like 1

Best one on the field last year. But as much as we've all wanted to beat around the bush, to the rest of the world, we are summer marching band.

Agreed. This is where both more and more of the Legacy Fans and more and more of the Newbie Fans are seemingly coming together on almost a monthy basis in oftentimes reluctant agreement with one another too:...... that it is indeed looking and sounding more and more like " summer marching band " to everyone.

Edited by BRASSO

Yep. Another customer lost and another seat freed up to watch the best marching band show in the world. Everyone is happy right?

My whole point is why the need to make a big announcement?!?!?!? Oh woe is me i think I'll end it now or is it just a call for attention. I got sick of it and left for a few years but never made a big online suicide note exclaiming I had had enough I just stopped going for a while. (Yowza was my last straw)

I learned to live with the changes and since my son was involved in school band I better learn to embrace it. Now he is an instructor for their drumline and a drum corps alumni.

• Like 2

Finals last year was the most well-attended since Pasadena, and there were numerous sell-outs of shows. Atlanta set a record either this year or last, I think San Antonio did as well. The Rockford show has been selling out for the last few years consistently. People are coming to the shows that are out there. At least they do eventually once they filter in for the Top 12 corps.

Some part of me belives that there are less shows, so more people come to the bigger shows to get their DCI fix.

If there are more people at the shows, GREAT! No problems with that for me.