Thanks for the memories...Im gone!

Speaking of " change " this would be a refreshing and welcome change, as DCI has struggled mightily of late replacing its lost fans with newer fans.

Finals last year was the most well-attended since Pasadena, and there were numerous sell-outs of shows. Atlanta set a record either this year or last, I think San Antonio did as well. The Rockford show has been selling out for the last few years consistently. People are coming to the shows that are out there. At least they do eventually once they filter in for the Top 12 corps.

Look Mrs Hopkins, even your husband acknowledges that DCI is struggling to be" solvent and surviving". Put your bought pearls back in the box, as it appears its wrapped too tightly and perhaps cutting off the oxygen to your brain and clouding your sense of real reality here on how precarious DCI is right now.

Oh thank you, it's such a pretty necklace. But this one actually came from James Mason and Chris Comnick.

• Like 2

Finals last year was the most well-attended since Pasadena, and there were numerous sell-outs of shows. Atlanta set a record either this year or last, I think San Antonio did as well. The Rockford show has been selling out for the last few years consistently. People are coming to the shows that are out there. At least they do eventually once they filter in for the Top 12 corps.

Now, now, let's not present factual information.

People need this thread to say they're leaving, even though they'll keep reading as guests, and go to shows. Let's not let facts out, fsubone.

• Like 2

Oh thank you, it's such a pretty necklace. But this one actually came from James Mason and Chris Comnick.

Oops, there you go again making your point with facts.

But for those that don't know what you're talking about, here's where fsubone got the facts: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=6d00148c-fd0f-4cb5-9164-6f33f9996d09

Oops, there you go again making your point with facts.

But for those that don't know what you're talking about, here's where fsubone got the facts: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=6d00148c-fd0f-4cb5-9164-6f33f9996d09

I think you've entirely missed BRASSO's point, which doesn't depend on who proposed this particular rule change.

Like all things...half empty or half full! Often times it is out of frustration or feeling powerless that some suggest the demise of things when they are not going in the way they feel they should. So they declare them "dead or dying"...not that the OP did it, but there is always an air of that sense when we discuss the various (often overly dramatic) exits from these boards. It's just a yawner for me.

While true, and you may have yawned during the OP's exit thread, the yawn did not stop you from commenting about it in a lengthy reply post above, and for that, you are to be commended. I do appreciate people taking the time to post their opinions on here, even if the ones that may not mesh with mine. The last thing we need is apathy to take hold with what is going on these days in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

Well in THAT case Mrs. Hopkins, I'm certainly not about to inquire any further on what unrelated Men are doing providing gifts of pretty necklaces for you........ nor why ..and at the very least, you should probably learn how to correctly spell the names of your gift bearing male admirers, don't you think ? ' Hate to have you misspell the thank you notes when its called for.

Edited by BRASSO

While true, and you may have yawned during the OP's exit thread, the yawn did not stop you from commenting about it in a lengthy reply post above, and for that, you are to be commended. I do appreciate people taking the time to post their opinions on here, even if the ones that may not mesh with mine. The last thing we need is apathy to take hold with what is going on these days in DCI.

Yeah, my post may have come off a bit snarky...agreed. And yes, everyone has the right to be disappointed and manifest it how ever the hell they want! It's what we do here. Self-administer time out!

Look Mrs Hopkins, even your husband acknowledges that DCI is struggling to be" solvent and surviving". Put your bought pearls back in the box, as it appears its wrapped too tightly and perhaps cutting off the oxygen to your brain and clouding your sense of real reality here on how precarious DCI is right now.

the funny thing is apparently at the meetings, it was announced that DCI had one if not it's best year ever last year, so that kinda kills all of the doom and gloom scenarios proposed by Hopkins and possibly others of the 7.

In fact word is, at least 21 of the corps seem to be moving closer together than they have been in years

I just wanted to chime in on this inaccurate statement...Brasso and I hung out before we watched a DC show this past summer...

you should have both found me in allentown