Time for some market research

Time for some market research  

137 members have voted

1. 1. How does the recent vote for added brass instruments make YOU feel?

• I love it, and it makes me want to see a DCI Drum Corps now more than ever
    • I think I will like it, and that it may make me like the activity even more
    • It really doesn't have any effect on me at all
    • I think I won't like it, and that it may make me want to see DCI Drum Corps less than I do now
    • It makes me want to not even see a DCI corps anymore, now more than ever

ooooo no..im glad you did this BUT I dont think 4000 people frequent DCP anymore...its alot of the same handful of people...I voted :smile:

So what you're saying is that for this to be a TRUE representation of DCP opinion, It needs to allow for unlimited vote casting....hmmmm...I could call it the Ream Projection Poll! :tounge2:

Over 40,000 views of the "other" thread tell me that DCP can be a somewhat viable poll for drum corps. ...

Of a certain demographic.

• Like 1

I picked "I think I'll like it"... there are just so many moments in college band performances where massive trombone sections just make my heart stop... Trombones could really provide the "kick" that's been missing since Bb horns became the norm. :-)

I voted "It really doesn't have any effect on me at all" and really how can you vote anything else. The thought of an intrumentation change somewhat disturbs me. But I seriously doubt you see any change at all in the hornlines. I have a feeling it will be solo stuff, special sections with an instrument change, etc.

And heaven knows I'd rather see 10-15 kids pickup French Horns and bang out a cool section and then go back to mellow than have the whole thing played on a synth. I was pretty outraged like the rest till I stopped and thought about it. The electronics addition was a much, much bigger thing than this.

• Like 2

Over 40,000 views of the "other" thread tell me that DCP can be a somewhat viable poll for drum corps. This is a chance for those that come here and are reluctant to post their thoughts, (another topic entirely), to give the drum corps world some honest feedback without having to explain why they feel how they do. PLEASE cast a vote! Your vote will be anonymous.

40,000 views does not mean 40,000 people. DCP does not represent a large enough contingent of fans to consider a poll here conclusive in any way.

• Like 1

But, as of now, the decision DID have an effect on me. I've just not reached a conclusion about how the announcement will affect my enjoyment of drum corps shows.

(You can ask the Mods to modify your poll before too many reply.)

Also, of course, 40,000 views may present the opportunity to garner effective representation to call a poll valid, but only if you receive 10% or more of that number in actual poll participants.

If you get 4,000 responses to this poll I'll be stunned.

4,000 responses in this poll is still irrelevant, as the polling population is self-selecting from a very specific group, and thus would be extremely biased. Even if you got a response from every single user registered to DCP, it would still be worthless to assess anything more than "What do DCP forum members think?"

40,000 views does not mean 40,000 people. DCP does not represent a large enough contingent of fans to consider a poll here conclusive in any way.

I already acknowledged your first point in my OP. Just out of curiosity, how many people do we think 40,000 views represents. I think perhaps 500? That's an average of 80 clicks a person? Alot probably click 2 or 3 times, and others a couple hundred, but I really have no idea.

Certainly not conclusive in some ways, but definitely conclusive of the fans that do come here, and who do vote in this. I won't be calling for DCI to pay heed to whatever these results are, if that is what what you are implying. DCP DOES indeed represent a small demographic of the DCI fan base. Please Vote!