It's really this simple folks

Well, then all I can see is that they're seeing what they want to see--or unable to handle pretty mild dissent--because DCP is very well moderated.

thank you.....wouldn't it be a hoot if everyone finally figured out who we really worked for....

:tounge2:

"when our people come to colonize this planet, you will be on the protected rolls, and no harm will come to you..."

DCI doesnt care about the rest of the internet, just the portions that pertain to them.

jeff you are right..it isnt viewed well at all...by not just DCI...members, directors etc etc..kids told stay off...kids sent home for posting.....HELL DCP night on the busses are hysterical and made some posters famous. Unfortunately , like in anything the over the top extreme get the attention.........good or bad...probably the funniest are those who love all the comparisons, I'm telling you it can be a hoot. Im sure youve heard all this also..Actually over the past year or 2 DCP night has expanded to other social media even with that it got less popular..lol..have have no fear there''s still a few famous...lol...but i think there might be a better balance here recently than in the past.

AS I said like in most things, those who might have a good message to send out or at least a rational difference of opinion most often don't get heard BUT the over the top foaming at the mouth do.....( although almost never taken seriously )..Funny thing is so many of those types face to face don't have alot to say....lol....the power of the internet.

Edited by GUARDLING

thank you.....wouldn't it be a hoot if everyone finally figured out who we really worked for....

"when our people come to colonize this planet, you will be on the protected rolls, and no harm will come to you..."

Unarian_3415.jpg

Pageantry, indeed...

It's never the smoke that gets people excited...it's the flamers...OOOOPS, sorry...flames.

I already started the above a few years ago.

Also, the fact that I was unaware of the new rule changes illustrates how much (or little) I follow the activity anymore. I might check various DCI websites (even DCP) every few weeks to give a cursory glance.

According to the DCI website announcement on the annual meeting, 2013 was the most profitable year in its history. My absence hasn't hurt DCI.

edited to add color.

Thousands of other former Drum Corps fans have done the same. I never ever thought that I would see the day when DCI would approve band instruments & Drum Corps fans would approve. Surely these are bando folks.

Drum Corps is dead.

I know where you're from and please remember I went to college in the same area/quadrant...... :shutup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well, then all I can see is that they're seeing what they want to see--or unable to handle pretty mild dissent--because DCP is very well moderated.

it isn't just DCi folks or corps employees staff etc...it's fans.

It isn't just DCi folks or corps employees, staff, etc.: it's fans.

Well, I'm having a hard time guessing what those fans want DCP to be like. Everyone agreeing with DCI all the time? Everybody disagreeing with DCI all the time? Nobody upset by what is arguably the single biggest change to brass instrumentation rules in DCI's history? Everybody upset by the same? Since you are (I think) the most prolific contributor to DCP, and therefore perhaps the one who could be most said to set the tone here, are they actually mad at you?

• Like 2

Well, I'm having a hard time guessing what those fans want DCP to be like. Everyone agreeing with DCI all the time? Everybody disagreeing with DCI all the time? Nobody upset by what is arguably the single biggest change to brass instrumentation rules in DCI's history? Everybody upset by the same? Since you are (I think) the most prolific contributor to DCP, and therefore perhaps the one who could be most said to set the tone here, are they actually mad at you?

It's been too long...

I BLAME REAM!