It's really this simple folks

First part of post - agree as can't have discussion with only one side of the opinion.

Second part - because he cares and think you might have missed his point. Think the point was "B####### here doesn't help, you have to ...... to be heard in the right places".

Hey Jeff - 3rd generation corps right?

shame on you using logic Jim. report for floggings

And when Jeff directs anything there's usually a reason behind it and not just crap for the sake of giving crap.

At least not in the initial post anyway.... :bleah:

And if he gives us crap, then we talk to his Dad "uh Wally?"

For everyone elses benefit have know Jeff when he was about 11. and I could still look to him eye to eye. :augen51:

There's a very valid reason.

and I received confirmation in several conversations this week.

the over the top melodrama on DCP just continues to have this place viewed as a cesspool filled with people stuck in (insert year before 1990). People that I know who truly believed in DCP at one time now it call it the new RAMD, minus on mentally unstable person.

shame on you using logic Jim. report for floggings

Need to vent my so called logic somewhere as been off for 2 days with the snow...... :ph34r:

well Hop has been crying financial doom and gloom for several years now, hence the G7 motivation ( at least for publicity's sake, we all know it was about control and more of the money)....but my guess is the PR FORMER drum guy thinks that marching band and indoor is ahead of DCI in terms of innovation.

Gah, "former".... :blink:

Which then leads to the next question- DCI profits mean the corporate profits for the parent entity, not necessarily the corps themselves? That would explain Hop's doom and gloom. Or... is there some kind of profit sharing that takes place? This is why, if I won the Powerball and started a DCA corps I'd bring in business professionals- This kind of thing is really alien to me.

According to the DCI website announcement on the annual meeting, 2013 was the most profitable year in its history.

No, it didn't say that.

(See, this time I got it right.)

Duly noted. :tounge2:

The over-the-top melodrama on DCP just continues to have this place viewed as a cesspool filled with people stuck in (insert year before 1990). People that I know who truly believed in DCP at one time now it call it the new RAMD, minus one mentally unstable person.

Those people ought to get out more. DCP is a model of civility compared to most of the rest of the internet. Of pages I read where comments are allowed (and I'm no great web traveler in the first place), only the Tolkien forums are more restrained--and sometimes even there arguments about whether The Hobbit films are good or bad adaptations can get as heated as occasionally happens here. I've read just about every post made to this board in the past week, and opinions overall seem split nearly evenly about the all-brass rule, with probably less than five percent of the posts rabidly opposed (and a smaller percentage, almost all by one person, rabidly in favor). The rest has been voluminous but entirely reasonable discussion.

Edit: OK, so there are also a few people who don't play well together--but they hold opposing opinions, so it would be unfair to describe them generally as "stuck in the past"; half of them are convinced that they represent the divinely-guided hand of progress. And again, it's just a few people making it personal.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Gah, "former".... :blink:

Which then leads to the next question- DCI profits mean the corporate profits for the parent entity, not necessarily the corps themselves? That would explain Hop's doom and gloom. Or... is there some kind of profit sharing that takes place? This is why, if I won the Powerball and started a DCA corps I'd bring in business professionals- This kind of thing is really alien to me.

DCI is set up to return money to the corps.

Those people ought to get out more. DCP is a model of civility compared to most of the rest of the internet. Of pages I read where comments are allowed (and I'm no great web traveler in the first place), only the Tolkien forums are more restrained--and sometimes even there arguments about whether The Hobbit films are good or bad adaptations can get as heated as occasionally happens here. I've read just about every post made to this board in the past week, and opinions overall seem split nearly evenly about the all-brass rule, with probably less than five percent of the posts rabidly opposed (and a smaller percentage, almost all by one person, rabidly in favor). The rest has been voluminous but entirely reasonable discussion.

Edit: OK, so there are also a few people who don't play well together--but they hold opposing opinions, so it would be unfair to describe them generally as "stuck in the past"; half of them are convinced that they represent the divinely-guided hand of progress. And again, it's just a few people making it personal.

DCI doesnt care about the rest of the internet, just the portions that pertain to them.

Well, then all I can see is that they're seeing what they want to see--or unable to handle pretty mild dissent--because DCP is very well moderated.

• Like 2