Just a friendly reminder of why you ACTUALLY love this activity...

also another reason when some say IT AINT DRUM CORPS..is the silliest thing ever. THAT...is what I remember BITD and also for decades afterward...and as another poster said it had nothing to do with instrumentation.

no matter what changed over the decades,THAT IS DRUM CORP and will continue to be.

as another poster said it had nothing to do with instrumentation.

Well, if all this has nothing to do with " instrumentation ", then why do the Corps adults keep changing " the instrumentation " ? The emotions, values, and benefits to young people with their participation in Junior Drum Corps have not changed in Drum Corps since the beginnings of competition. Pretty much everyone agrees with this, and everyone appreciates the emotions shared on this video too. This video shows the kids. The kids are not the problem. The decisions made by the adults are what is being discussed. And this video here is not about the adults at all. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

Well, if all this has nothing to do with " instrumentation ", then why do the Corps adults keep changing " the instrumentation " ? The emotions, values, and benefits to young people with their participation in Junior Drum Corps have not changed in Drum Corps since the beginnings of competition. Pretty much everyone agrees with this, and everyone appreciates the emotions shared on this video too. This video shows the kids. The kids are not the problem. The decisions made by the adults are what is being discussed. And this video here is not about the adults at all. Just sayin'.

clearly you missed the point................as in drum corps is and has always been more than....whatever...fill in the blanks

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

Thank you for posting this video. I've seen a lot of these (Cadets and even other corps) motivational videos but this is the first one that I can remember actually making tears roll down my face. This is what drum corps is all about. The family, the hard work, the drive that everyone has. I had never seen this video until today and it has made me want to work even harder to be in this activity. Thanks again for posting it.

• Like 1

clearly you missed the point................as in drum corps is and has always been more than....whatever...fill in the blanks

they're not missing the point. they're saying the point just doesn't matter to them.

i don't understand that POV at all. as far as i'm concerned it's why drum corps matters.

• Like 2

I was trying to not make this about trombones, but obviously that was not the intent of the OP, as he was trying to point out the insignificance of instrumentation for a reason. My question is therefore simple. Doesn't this statement include woodwinds, strings, pre-recorded music with just dancers, everything? Isn't that really what the difference of opinion is? Where to set the boundaries and why? I assume the OP is ok with all instruments being allowed? Guardling, as a major positive thinker in this discussion, how about you? I'm pretty sure you said you draw the line there, but I might be mistaken? If so, why do you draw the line at woodwinds and not trombones? No one can possibly think that only brass players can have this type of experience, and not woodwind and string musicians, right?