SCV...Carmen, the first SCV drill...lotsa fun

Phantom....I dunno, after 89 seemed to be a letdown

Crossmen...the arrival of a new style and sound, still one of my all time faves

Madison....Rememberance was great, but otherwise...eh

Bluecoats...ok, good, didnt rewrite the game but solid

VK....too cool VK with Alice Cooper, and almost Bottle Dance and an earthquake

Spirit....Gone With The Wind and the Color Purple. Great show

Dutch Boy....crowning show, tho I liked 88 better belonged in

Special mention to Magic year 1, Bostons all time version of Conquest, Acadamie Musicale showing what a small corps can do

• Like 1

This is in fact the correct forum for discussion of 1990s corps. The historic forum is for show from before 1989.

But he may still have better luck there, because what's he's asking, if fulfilled, would take up a lot of space and would likely get lost here.

Oh, and I HATED Jackson Mississippi - hated it - not because of Star not winning (although I thought they should have) just because I hated everything about finals down there.

You don't like needing a shower five seconds after stepping out of one's air-conditioned hotel? And you don't like your hotel room staying warm even with the AC on full blast and the curtains pulled during the day because your room faces south? (Not that I'm bitter.) Do you have something against giant bugs crawling up your leg while sitting still at the stadium? All those things build character!

I was at every finals in the 90's! I'll try to help fill your void. I'd have to look at my DVDs and talk to my family that I travel with.

1990 - first year of the Delucia-Thurston-Krampanski Crossmen: NY Voices Show. "Now Or Never"

All of a sudden Crossmen were right back in the top 10 mix and deservedly so.

Great show. Great to watch them grow from a really mediocre brass section mid-spring to a solid ensemble by August.

Correct me if I'm wrong- Blue Coats were in Jay Dawson brass chart time - great sounding line - just seemed to fade late that season as the rest of the world caught up, performance wise.

One of my favorite Cadets corps - stumbled early in the year with a Bernstein show, and added the "Tonight" hit in August, complete with Z pull, except that now it was an S for Silvester pull.

I loved a Bernstein Celebration. I had The Championship Years CD that Cadets put out, and got introduced to all the great winning shows. I wish i could have seen Cadets 90 live, the crowd seemed electric.

-A bit biased, but the opener for the Crossmen in '98 is what drum corps is all about. Big, Loud, In Your Face, with a driving groove in the drumline.

-Blue Devils closer in '92 can still melt people's faces off.

-Scouts show in '97 was just pure fun, and classic Scouts showmanship.

-'93 Star pretty much changed the drum corps game forever with their arrangements and visual design.

-'96 Phantom finally won (albeit a tie with BD), and the show was "enjoyably dark" (I don't know if that's a phrase used very often)

You don't like needing a shower five seconds after stepping out of one's air-conditioned hotel? And you don't like your hotel room staying warm even with the AC on full blast and the curtains pulled during the day because your room faces south? (Not that I'm bitter.) Do you have something against giant bugs crawling up your leg while sitting still at the stadium? All those things build character!

I'm FROM Jackson and I hated Finals in Jackson. Other than not having to travel. I'd take Legion Field in Brimingham any day over the Vet. Loved the shows that year though. Star didn't click with me at the time (although I was rooting for them due to knowing a few members), but watching again more recently I like it a lot.

I like 1995 for the Cavies, Cadets and BD. Terrific shows!

1 98.300 Cavaliers, The Planets

2 97.200 The Cadets, An American Quintet

3 96.700 Blue Devils, Carpe Noctem

I didn't see a single show in '95. My first introduction to anything '95 was from the cds. The actual DVDs followed when I bought the Fan Network collection - much later.

I know it was a horrible year for recordings, but based on what I heard I was so into BDs show. I would blast it through the speakers whenever I could. That hornline would send me into orbit every time I listened to it.

I remember watching the show finally after receiving the Legacy DVD and thinking "OMG = the guard is carrying skulls!" I had no idea.

Did dollar stores carry plastic Halloween skulls back in '95 or did someone have to special order them?

It was interesting to watch all the shows from '95 finally. I remember watching Cadets and thinking "That poor guard - they rolled on the field and now their pants are wet."

• Like 1