"Hey, quiet! Shut up! In the hallway, shut up!"

The Rochester Police Department was magnificent! I've worked many events in several cities and RPD is unmatched in its professional courtesy and appreciation of visitors to its city. It was as if you just wanted to 'hang out' with those guys.

One year, I was in position to express our activity's gratitude. I collected and published all written praise from DCP and elsewhere (about 75 compliments) on three sheets and submitted them to the Chief of Police. He was thrilled and displayed them all on bulletin boards at headquarters. For those attending DCA this year, thank those guys for their help. Maybe, actually buy them coffee!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Rochester police were great. No doubt about it.

What are you talking about? Rochester broke my heart.......................oh wait, that wasn't the Police.............

It was a horse of another color - JUST FRIGGEN KIDDING - I get jokes!!!!

• Like 1

From my perspective, the Rochester police and security people have been great!!! Professional and courteous, always.

I agree 100%. Its like they rolled out the red carpet. I always wondered if the city or mayor just told them to look the other way the week of drum corps or if they were always that polite and courteous???

Heck one night we were driving around in my rental car clearly lost and speeding like a MOFO in a residential neighborhood trying to find our way out. Got pulled over and explained who we were and what we were doing in the area and that we were lost looking for this place to eat and he said "sir you are way lost". "Follow me and I will get you there". No ticket and a ride to dinner.

Can't ask for better treatment than that.

I probably would have been pulled out of the window in Scranton and beaten in the sidewalk for excessive speeding.

I agree 100%. Its like they rolled out the red carpet. I always wondered if the city or mayor just told them to look the other way the week of drum corps or if they were always that polite and courteous???

Heck one night we were driving around in my rental car clearly lost and speeding like a MOFO in a residential neighborhood trying to find our way out. Got pulled over and explained who we were and what we were doing in the area and that we were lost looking for this place to eat and he said "sir you are way lost". "Follow me and I will get you there". No ticket and a ride to dinner.

Can't ask for better treatment than that.

I probably would have been pulled out of the window in Scranton and beaten in the sidewalk for excessive speeding.

in town Scranton no. Moosic Twp......that would have been if they were in a good mood LOL

oh yeah the brown shirts had their moments in Scranton, tho IMO never did anything as disrespectful as the Legion folks in 2005.

Except, perhaps, for the time the officers tried to forcibly push Walter Winkelman out of the way... while he was in his wheelchair.

He apparently was not sitting in an "approved" area.

From what I recall, the folks from the Skyliners who were nearby when the incident occurred were not pleased, to put it mildly. :ninja:

Except, perhaps, for the time the officers tried to forcibly push Walter Winkelman out of the way... while he was in his wheelchair.

He apparently was not sitting in an "approved" area.

From what I recall, the folks from the Skyliners who were nearby when the incident occurred were not pleased, to put it mildly. :ninja:

oh i didn't know about that one. Ok, so they had a truly stupid moment too