Carolina Crown closers

Ok so I was watching the crown closer from 2009 and the last 40 seconds or less of that closer is the exact same (musically) as their 2010 closer. I was really confused when I noticed this lol. Was there a reason for that?? Was it because the crowd like it so much or something??

In 2010 their show was called "a second chance" which for some was a direct reference to their 2009 show where they almost won first but came in second. So if you consider that, the ending of 2010 was their second chance at winning so to speak and hence repeating the excerpt from 2009. But as we know it was the fifth chance that finally did it!

Edited by charlie1223

A big part of the 2010 show was based around someone getting a second chance at love. At the end of the 2009 show, the Peter Pan character runs off of the field, leaving Tinkerbell behind. The 2010 show is supposed to be her trying to recapture that love, and leads to her being in an abusive relationship in the opener. The Marquez piece is the guard soloist searching for a new person to love, and the rush of new love. The Elgar is of course the romantic side of love. The re-statement of the Mahler is the return of her abusive former lover, and the decision that she makes. At first, she makes the wrong decision, which is why the corps rewinds. The second statement is the female character escaping from the bad relationship and choosing her new lover. And then of course The Promise of Living comes back in, and Peter Pan returns to rescue Tinkerbell from the dark, lonely world that he left her in. That's why it got brought back, to close the story arc. Pretty ingenious way to develop a two-year story arc for show design.

In 2010 their show was called "a second chance" which for some was a direct reference to their 2009 show where they almost won first but came in second. So if you consider that, the ending of 2010 was their second chance at winning so to speak and hence repeating the excerpt from 2009. But as we know it was the fifth chance that finally did it!

Ohhhhh ok that makes perfect sense. I'm not one to really remember shows names. Its way easier for me to refer to the year than the name.

That late season closer add was a misfire, I preferred the one they had before it

Oh well

I’m getting annoyed with all the corps saving their ‘real closer’ for finals week

It’s so copy-cat in an 'artistic', supposedly 'innovative' medium that its almost seems self imposed mandatory which would imply a failure of the system

It was fine when occasionally some changed it but it’s out of hand, just love the last impression of the season being dirt

I'm getting annoyed with all the corps saving their 'real closer' for Finals week.

Have there really been many last-week changes of late? At least of anything more than small details? I think the only notable one last year was that Blue Knights cut their "no end" ending at Prelims.