Where is everyone?

thedova

In case anyone is curious - James Logan High School (world class) got a 92 at a local show yesterday.

Does anyone know what Braddock's theme is? I don't understand what they're trying to portray at all. Strong members - especially the featured guy at the beginning - but I kept trying to figure out what the show was about (Greek Gods? The end of the World? The White Party?)

Love Paramount - the show has grown so much - the show really has a fresh feel to it.

Black Gold - I'm liking more and more, will be interesting to see where they can push it for WGI.

Does anyone know what Braddock's theme is? I don't understand what they're trying to portray at all. Strong members - especially the featured guy at the beginning - but I kept trying to figure out what the show was about (Greek Gods? The end of the World? The White Party?)

Love Paramount - the show has grown so much - the show really has a fresh feel to it.

Black Gold - I'm liking more and more, will be interesting to see where they can push it for WGI.

My first thought was corinthians and the number 8. 88 keys on a piano, 8 bytes in a bit.

Looking for Paramount on Fan Network. Found Black Gold and they were awesome.

I viewed 35 on FN so far and liked FeniX Dynamic Casa Grande Les Eclipses Delazure Somerville Black Watch Carmel O3 University of Southern Florida Brynes Opus 10 Solitaire Black Gold Claudia Taylor. Gotta a lot more viewing to do

Later

edit: 8 bits in a byte lol compassionate mind must be taking over analytical lately

Linda :)

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1

I haven't heard any updates, or opinions about shows! Is this forum basically dead now?

I hope not bc i like hearing how others feel about shows

Yup. You're dead. You've logged what, like, a half dozen or so comments on the WGI season and all the regionals are over? You sleep with the fishes. I'm prejudiced, but I suspect the cause is what I've always hated most about this forum - that the OCD moderator(s?) of this forum have been so obsessive about keeping everything so nicey-pie and enforcing all the minute rules, ESPECIALLY NO VIDEO LINKS!!!, that nobody had any good reason to keep tuning in. The main DCP forums are still alive because they don't seem to be moderated by kindergarten teachers and they seem to be mostly a free-for-all. But the lack of abundent moving-picture content in a HIGHLY VISUAL DEPENDENT ACTIVITY will probably doom them too, if they don't change.

Yup. You're dead. You've logged what, like, a half dozen or so comments on the WGI season and all the regionals are over? You sleep with the fishes. I'm prejudiced, but I suspect the cause is what I've always hated most about this forum - that the OCD moderator(s?) of this forum have been so obsessive about keeping everything so nicey-pie and enforcing all the minute rules, ESPECIALLY NO VIDEO LINKS!!!, that nobody had any good reason to keep tuning in. The main DCP forums are still alive because they don't seem to be moderated by kindergarten teachers and they seem to be mostly a free-for-all. But the lack of abundent moving-picture content in a HIGHLY VISUAL DEPENDENT ACTIVITY will probably doom them too, if they don't change.

Well that was a pointless rant - maybe people don't participate as much because of all the snarky comments.

Anyway....

Really liked how Vanguard's show has grown this season

Lexis in IO (The Charlotte's Web Show) is awesome !!!!

Overall - still think there are just too many "slow" shows out there - the excitement seems to be missing for me in that aspect

And just naming a theme doesn't mean the theme is there in your show - I'm seeing alot of that too this year!

Our guard, George Ranch HS, Richmond, TX (Scholastic Reg. A) just finished it's season last weekend. Sadly we can't go to WGI. Our district only allows one out of state trip per year so it's saved for the band and color guard.

In just our 4th year, the kids had a fantastic season. Three shows with three first place trophies and then a silver medal at the TCGC East Championships.There were 24 SRA guards divided into two rounds of 12. We were the #1 seed going in but, without going into it, "something" happened and we brought home the silver which we are still very excited about! This was done with one Senior, four Sophomores, seven Freshman, and two 8th graders. Seven members of the guard touched equipment for the first time during the prior marching season and had never done winter guard. Needless to say, we're very excited about the future of the guard at The Ranch.

As soon as the video is available, I'll post the link. I'd post a show from earlier in the season but changes have been made since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Our guard, George Ranch HS, Richmond, TX (Scholastic Reg. A) just finished it's season last weekend. Sadly we can't go to WGI. Our district only allows one out of state trip per year so it's saved for the band and color guard.

In just our 4th year, the kids had a fantastic season. Three shows with three first place trophies and then a silver medal at the TCGC East Championships.There were 24 SRA guards divided into two rounds of 12. We were the #1 seed going in but, without going into it, "something" happened and we brought home the silver which we are still very excited about! This was done with one Senior, four Sophomores, seven Freshman, and two 8th graders. Seven members of the guard touched equipment for the first time during the prior marching season and had never done winter guard. Needless to say, we're very excited about the future of the guard at The Ranch.

As soon as the video is available, I'll post the link. I'd post a show from earlier in the season but changes have been made since then.

Would love to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the video of our show, "Warrior"

George Ranch High School Winter Guard

2014 TCGC Eastern State Championship Silver Medalists

The 4 year old guard consists of:

1 Senior (on rifle and the only male)

4 Sophomores (2 on rifle)

7 Freshmen (2 on rifle. One is my daughter, front left in the circle at the beginning)

2 8th graders (both on rifle)

Hope you enjoy it!

This was my daughter's solo performance at The Lone Star Toss-Up on April 26. She was the overall intermediate champion. In fact, The Ranch took all three divisions, Advanced, Intermediate, and Beginner. There was a 3 minute time limit so that's why the song is edited the way it is...

Sarah Young - "Somebody To Love" by Queen

(Sorry the recording isn't the best. I recorded it from my tablet)