drum corps on ESPN

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s the year we went and watched them rehearse before the first show in Oswego,Illinois and Jim said they’d be fourth place.  I got a lot of mileage out of that remark in August. 

Fair assumption. The Cavies pulled off the impossible. They made a secret agent band show actually look cool. I’ve seen a gazillion high schools do similar shows and every single one of them was cringeworthy. 

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My favorite was big screen in background showing corps coming in for retreat. Head “groveling for dollars” guy saying “you’re not missing anything” in front of the screen.

Ultimate was cutting away from Finals to go to state Capitol for budget vote. PA was late on budget again. Crossmen were only PA corps in Finals that year. You could see Crossmen coming out while previous corps was performing. Then…. “we’re cutting away to go to the Capitol “. 😱🤬🤬🤬🤬

1977. that started the WITF replay tradition

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Fair assumption. The Cavies pulled off the impossible. They made a secret agent band show actually look cool. I’ve seen a gazillion high schools do similar shows and every single one of them was cringeworthy. 

well dont forget they added amps mid season since Feidler said they were competing with one arm tied behind their back...then tried to walk it back when the world exploded. Good thing he hasnt generated any controversy since

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well dont forget they added amps mid season since Feidler said they were competing with one arm tied behind their back...then tried to walk it back when the world exploded. Good thing he hasnt generated any controversy since

:peek:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, crownisking said:

I guess.  I, at least, wait until  after I see the complete show in uniform before I bump them to fourth place.  But this guy… 😂 I was merciless.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess.  I, at least, wait until  after I see the complete show in uniform before I bump them to fourth place.  But this guy… 😂 I was merciless.

I’ve gotten better about that but there have been times I rolled my eyes the second I heard the show announcement. More times than not, my option remains the same when I actually see the show. It doesn’t happen quite as often anymore though. Not with drum corps shows, anyway. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I remember this topic coming up in another thread. And to think that same corps would go on to produce one of the most overly synthesized shows ever in 2012…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

I’ve gotten better about that but there have been times I rolled my eyes the second I heard the show announcement. More times than not, my option remains the same when I actually see the show. It doesn’t happen quite as often anymore though. Not with drum corps shows, anyway. 

Oh…I’ve done the eye roll hundreds of times.  Perfectly acceptable.  Sometimes, it’s required. 

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

I remember this topic coming up in another thread. And to think that same corps would go on to produce one of the most overly synthesized shows ever in 2012…

he was gone by then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

One of the first groups I saw with a synth was Pioneer with their little Casio keyboard.  Non-polyphonic or monophonic; it wouldn't play chords.  I guess Roman got a deal.  :whistle:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2