A "Tradition Corps"? What do you think?

The only hard fact reality that matters is that attendance for all DCI's major shows and events has been increasing. So it's hard to imagine that "1/2" of the people hate the activity as much as you yet still are showing up in increasing numbers. Maybe you are the one in your own little world of doubt and hate.

Drum Corps is not responsible for budget cuts of the music programs.

Ignoring the clips, eh?

Well at least you're diversifying your evidence by posting clips from the same user.

No. Next thread, please.

Let's say a corps forms. This hypothetical corps is called "Tradition". They field 128 members and their SOLE PURPOSE is to perform OLD SHOWS. I'm talking - exactly true to the original - same score, same drill moves. For modernization sake, they have their own uniform, updated equipment (meaning they have a pit versus marching timpanis), they perform on G Bugles. The show could either be "an entire show" (for example 1980 Bridgeman) - or they would do combination (First they perform T.O.; then Elks Parade; then In the Stone; then Ice Castles. (Their end set would be the first set of the new song). This corps, called TRADITION, tours with it, competes (knowing they're not competitive) - however - they are a fan favorite in a big way (because it emotionally reaches, tributes history, alumni, tradition, etc;). Would this work? Would you like to see an organization be a tribute corps and exist among the ranks of touring drum corps? (I have a lot of free time on my hands today so mind is spinning).

Perhaps you (alumniof) should stop paying attention to World Class if you are unable with modern developments. Hang out/enjoy the DCA corps, the alumni corps that seemingly do some of these things (like Classic Cavaliers, for example, or the Bridgmen Senior corps) and stop trying to romanticize about DCI reverting back to outdated trends that haven't been popular for decades.

Edited by perc2100

Well at least you're diversifying your evidence by posting clips from the same user.

And that's relevant, how? Someone else's cell phone shows people going nuts, clapping, screaming, standing up? It's an angle thing dip wad? Take a look at the two finals videos since irrelevant is relevant to you - different decade, different equipment, different user. Sure your name shouldn't be caddy instead of chaddy? Keep ignoring the content and the point and reality as if that makes it go away.

Edited by alumniof

The Blue Devils Clip shows me that Drum Corps has a wide range. And it may shock you to learn that many peopel actually enjoyed that show and it was their favorite. Just because it wasn't your favorite (and for the record it wasn't mine either) does not mean it is the END of drum corps or that drum corps has a problem connecting to an audience. What you need to know is that the DCI audience is more diverse than it EVER was.

How about that hometown favorite courtesy applause

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhu1pYv9P4Y

That moment was a very powerful emotional sombre moment in the BALLAD that did not call for a raucous standing ovation. In fact, a loud raucous standing ovation there would have been wildly inappropriate. I'm glad that drum corps has evolved where screaming isn't the only emotion one can feel and apparently the increasing audiences at DCI's major events seem to agree with me.

Ignoring the clips, eh?

Ignoring FACTS, eh?

How about this short clip from the same author that you happened to gloss over??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QM6QgXoP8

• Like 1

And that's relevant, how? Someone else's cell phone shows people going nuts, clapping, screaming, standing up? It's an angle thing dip wad? Take a look at the two finals videos since irrelevant is relevant to you - different decade, different equipment, different user. Sure your name shouldn't be caddy instead of chaddy? Keep ignoring the content and the point and reality as if that makes it go away.

just a question.....and not trying to be a wise guy..............................if you detest the activity as much as you sound like you do....WHY ARE YOU GOING? Most people who dont like doing something just dont go to whatever activity it may be...and dont put hard earned money into it.....Thats harder to understand i think.

• Like 1

It's one person's vantage point in a crowd of thousands. But please continue with name calling and "fact" posting. You're right, drum corps is officially dead.

You definitely win the internet today.

• Like 1