A "Tradition Corps"? What do you think?

Carolina Crown.." as reigning DCI Champion" ... was ethustiastically received well in performance last year at Finals. In my assessment they got the loudest response of any Corps.. and with the announcement at retreat later that they were not in 2nd place, but would be declared the Champion, the Finals audience erupted again in enthusiastic support of their winning. So in this respect anyway, you are correct.

?

I agree with Alumniof for what it's worth. I know there's more of us that just keep out of the confrontational crapola.

maybe you can answer the question then..he isnt.......not being confrontational just curious..............do you still go to shows? and if you do and feel the same...just asking why?.....I dont quite get it

No. Jersey Surf in 2012 performed beyond " only the East Coast ". Their 2012 show was performed also in Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Virgina, etc and so forth.They did not make it out to the Rockies and over to the West Coast in 2012, but thats not unusual, as most of the other World Class Division Corps didn't either.

Thanks. I didn't know if that year they had made it out to San Antonio or not. Still not coast-to-coast, but it is half the country. They had a great show that year, but you did say it was loved by audiences coast to coast. Texas is big, but it's not the West Coast. Would be great if Surf decided to come out here.

Thanks. I didn't know if that year they had made it out to San Antonio or not. Still not coast-to-coast, but it is half the country. They had a great show that year, but you did say it was loved by audiences coast to coast. Texas is big, but it's not the West Coast. Would be great if Surf decided to come out here.

Its true that I should not have been sloppy with my verbiage to state that Jersey Surf 's tribute show to the Bridgemen in 2012 was a hit with audiences ( my imprecise quote ) " from coast to coast ". Its right to correct me on this.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm starting to think that internet forums should have breathalyzers on them, so you can't drink and post. The slightly incoherent ramblings of alumniof are making me think he might not be 100% sober at this juncture.

• Like 3

No. I don't go to shows any more. I did watch finals at a friends house via the internet this past year. First time in a long time. I found a few of them entertaining but it has changed too much for me. Most of it was just weird and not what I want to see/hear. Was what they did hard? You bet. Was I entertained? Not so much (with a few exceptions but not enough to get me back in the stands).

• Like 2

No. I don't go to shows any more. I did watch finals at a friends house via the internet this past year. First time in a long time. I found a few of them entertaining but it has changed too much for me. Most of it was just weird and not what I want to see/hear. Was what they did hard? You bet. Was I entertained? Not so much (with a few exceptions but not enough to get me back in the stands).

Don't think I've heard a better anecdote for how effective the new finals streaming option was. I think the point here is that you were someone who had detached himself from drum corps but still managed to access Finals via the internet and you were entertained by a few exceptions. That says something positive more than it says something negative I think. Maybe its not enough to get you in the stands but... maybe you'll watch it again online next year? And who knows if someone in your position would have been entertained enough to head back in the stands in 2014?

Edited by charlie1223

DCI Finals 2013 Madison Scouts. 12:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j8tIUnOhA

Emotional Connection? Look at all the ALUMNI in the AUDIENCE singing right along with the corps! (oops maybe I shouldn't have shown alumni in the audience enjoying a corps performance... sorry about that). That kind of emotional connection is hard to find in the past that's for sure. Followed by a rousing standing ovation. Study it, Study all the effects, emotions, and dynamics used in this finals performance. Loud was not the only effect used.

Man, you all are ignorant. Thanks for illustrating my point. They're singing that because of the past being brought into the present - which is the friggin' point bonehead!!! No past - no 12:33.

The Blue Devils Clip shows me that Drum Corps has a wide range. And it may shock you to learn that many peopel actually enjoyed that show and it was their favorite. Just because it wasn't your favorite (and for the record it wasn't mine either) does not mean it is the END of drum corps or that drum corps has a problem connecting to an audience. What you need to know is that the DCI audience is more diverse than it EVER was.

That moment was a very powerful emotional sombre moment in the BALLAD that did not call for a raucous standing ovation. In fact, a loud raucous standing ovation there would have been wildly inappropriate. I'm glad that drum corps has evolved where screaming isn't the only emotion one can feel and apparently the increasing audiences at DCI's major events seem to agree with me.

Ignoring FACTS, eh?

How about this short clip from the same author that you happened to gloss over??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QM6QgXoP8

That's what you call a rousing applause? Really? BTW, notice they were standing still - just like the good 'ole days. Again, thanks for the support. I'm not half as emotional about this anymore because I thought you were more intelligent - you know basic human intelligence - but you've proved otherwise. Yeah, show me some more of the crowd going ape like the Spirit clip.