A "Tradition Corps"? What do you think?

It's one person's vantage point in a crowd of thousands. But please continue with name calling and "fact" posting. You're right, drum corps is officially dead.

You definitely win the internet today.

Ugh - I'm in the sound business for a living. Sound travels - so there is no vantage point bone head. Also, people aren't standing up for anything. It's a cricket fest. Actually, they're not even making any noise. Trying to figure it out like the rest of the audience.

Yeah, whatever you do, for the love of all things holy, don't show the crowd response to the reigning DCI champion -- the corps who, more than any other, typically sets the trends in the activity.

It was shown. The same response. Crowd sitting, spattered courtesy applause.

maybe you can answer the question then..he isnt.......not being confrontational just curious..............do you still go to shows? and if you do and feel the same...just asking why?.....I dont quite get it

What's the point of going to a show? If the food sucks (wait, it was really hard too cook), why would you show up to a show? Pay money for what - marching band? Acid tripping drill designers using kids to ego trip themselves? When all DCI is a big eff-you to itself and me? Nah. I'll leave it to you crazies. However, I will be going to Allentown this year to "roll tape" and show you exactly what's happening - however, you've already proven that you'll deny video and audio. At least there's funnel cakes there.

Ugh - I'm in the sound business for a living. Sound travels - so there is no vantage point bone head. Also, people aren't standing up for anything. It's a cricket fest. Actually, they're not even making any noise. Trying to figure it out like the rest of the audience.

You're in the sound business? Oh, well why didn't you say so before?!!?! That certainly makes your opinions even more factual. So sorry to have doubted your expertise.

• Like 1

What's the point of going to a show? If the food sucks (wait, it was really hard too cook), why would you show up to a show? Pay money for what - marching band? Acid tripping drill designers using kids to ego trip themselves? When all DCI is a big eff-you to itself and me? Nah. I'll leave it to you crazies. However, I will be going to Allentown this year to "roll tape" and show you exactly what's happening - however, you've already proven that you'll deny video and audio. At least there's funnel cakes there.

... August can't get here soon enough. Literally can. Not. Wait. For your video.

You're in the sound business? Oh, well why didn't you say so before?!!?! That certainly makes your opinions even more factual. So sorry to have doubted your expertise.

It's okay. It's understanding that makes people like me tolerant of people like yourself. Name the movie (tah, tah, tah - no googling cheater).

An encore performance? Does not qualify.

You are a piece of work you know that?

I chose this video because you can accurately and clearly see the fan reaction. Any Final performances are only of the corps and do not acculturatly portray audience reaction as a result. You reject this evidence because it so obviously and bluntly flies in the face everything you've been complaining about. Anyone can see that.

You did not comment on my Madison video which IS OF FINALS and shows the crowd reaction very very clearly. No comments from peanut gallery on that one huh?

This video accurately portrays the emotions behind the fans and the corps during a live performance. Period. You are wrong if you don't think this video show excitement, entertainment, engagement and passion from both the corps and the fans.

Continue to live in your own world without the enjoyment of drum corps. There is no point for any corps to try to appease a curmudgeon such as yourself. You are choosing to wallow in your self pity.

Edited by charlie1223