A "Tradition Corps"? What do you think?

Yeah bringing up an old thread because something still burns me months later. Apparently some here think that when there are a bunch of shows over a weekend, if you skip one that means you don't care (or hung over). My wife and I have missed one of these shows a couple of times over the years, not because we didn't care but because of physical disability. When you have a physical problem you really have to pay attention to your self and if your body says "skip a show" you ####### skip it. In fact while I was swapping heated posts on this thread my wife was in the hospital and quite frankly we didn't know if she would be OK, dead or worse.... She is, thank God, home after a month in the hospital and 2 in a therapy facility with months of home rehab to come. Because of this we will not be making any shows.

And if anyone thinks this is being lazy (yes we were called that) be smart and keep it to yourself. After the last few months I'll be ###### if I take any more insults to the toughest lady I know....

Just think of the old saying about "don't judge until you've walked a mile in the other persons shoes". Or in this case "using the other persons walker or wheelchair".

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife and I wish her a quick recovery. With that said, I think you're simply just adding fuel to the fire in those who have said these awful things to you by bringing this topic back up again. Sometimes it is best to just let things cool down and be forgotten. Let the ignorant stay that way.

Thank you for the kind words as it is appreciated. And yes, fighting human nature is a losing battle. Doubt even if the person who upset me so much will even realize who I am talking about but sometimes venting helps. I'll just have to remember the people here who can think of others and are aware enough to see how their words affect others instead of just worrying about themselves.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

My thoughts are with you and your incredible Lady, Jim.